1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by JackieScut, May 16, 2017.

1. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A light and silly post... Does anyone else have a surge of energy?

I have known for a year I am gay. How I found out was confusing and led to nearly a year of upset, questioning and confusion. I was kept sane by a good friend who I confided in and EC friends.

The last few months have been a bit up and down. Mostly up's. I have gotten to a place where I can begin to move forward and I am finally beginning to feel human again and functioning properly. I have come out to two more friends and three of my four sons. This made home life so much easier.

I went to a LGBT (pub quiz and social chat) meetup a month or so ago and that seems to have started something in me that I can't stop! The following week I went to another meetup. This one was in a bar/nightclub that was simply the best night out I have had in years. And then last week a 3rd, a lesbian only one this time... pub quiz and a chat with some lovely ladies.

I can't keep off the meetups site now. Looking for more venues. I have signed up to 3 more. One is a singles night. I am even considering starting my own meetup group as there is none local to me. (just thinking)

My straight mate was round on Saturday for a drink. She said that I seemed much more positive and happier than I had been for ages. She also couldn't get over how much energy I had. I can't stop.

I simply have this non stop surge of energy! I have so much to do indoors, decorating and sorting out the loft ready for some new plumbing to be done, but all I want to do is go out!

Anyone else experienced a power surge while coming out. I am hoping it lasts x(!)(!)(!)(!)

#1 JackieScut, May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  2. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No I've had a surge of lethargy, is that the same?

3. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was like that at first. I had no enthusiasm for anything. Just laid in bed, watched TV. Couldn't concentrate. But just recently it's gone the other way. How long have you felt like that? xx

4. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Since the early 1990s, lol, I'm glad your feeling energized, I hope you continue to go onwards and upwards.

5. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you feel like this. That's a long time to be feeling down Poppy43???

6. thedorkside

check out donald trump's theory about exercise. it might explain it. keep saving hte battery

7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, this happened to me. I came out in June of last year, and over the following six months I found a surge of energy just as you described. In addition to sleeping very little over that time, I was spending tons of time online, including here at EC. I posted about 800 messages here during those six months.

Things started to settle back to a more normal energy pattern after I separated from my wife, and now I seem to have found a more balanced energy level. The excitement of everything that was happening during my coming out was certainly a big part of it.

8. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I had that. Maybe it's something to do with the fact I didn't get the choice to come out on my own terms

9. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How do you mean? if you dont mind me asking.

10. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay - same here with sleeping. I am up late and if anything wakes me I seem to be wide awake again. I love this new found energy. Not sure how long my body can take the pace though hahaha. Nerdbynature?? What happened with you x

11. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry about it for now. Your body will know what to do. I didn't have any after-effects from that period. Even though I went for several months with very little sleep, and spent my days with tons of energy, there was no crash at the end of it. I just started sleeping more and getting tired earlier. It happened quite naturally. Just watch for signs that your body is rebelling against it.

12. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before the wonderful world of broadband I broke up with a woman (really thought it would be mutual). I had never wanted to tell my parents. Eventually I reasoned that if I ever fell head over heals then I would want them to meet this amazing woman and therefore would come out.

Anyway she phoned me, still totally angry about things and said she would phone them and out me. So I downed a whole lot of vodka and emailed them reluctantly coming out (as a side note my ex then regretted what she said but couldn't get through cos I was on the net)

I have since learned that my dad blamed my ex for me being a lesbian. He and I never discussed it.

At some point after the fact my mom asked me what had prompted me to come out. When I told her her reply was "bitch!"

13. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jackie-I think your surge of energy is awesome! I know you had some difficult times when you first found yourself attracted to 'the woman', and all that followed with that. Now seeing you take advantage of so many opportunities is inspiring! :slight_smile:

I do remember such a surge of energy when I first embraced the fact that I was a lesbian, how everything made sense FINALLY!(That was a few years ago.) It was almost intoxicating! I felt so good about me, confident (for once!) I was finally being who I was meant to be in my mid-40's--I hadn't missed the boat after all! My boat was just late.

In the years since, life has happened, and as for all of us, things haven't always gone my way--a bunch of ups and downs. Plenty of tears, and I don't feel confident all the time (not by a long shot!)..but I still have pockets of that wonderful energy! Overall though I kind of leveled out.

I remember when you talked about going to your first meet-up and how you were nervous. And now you are thinking of starting your own meet-up group:eusa_danc

I'm the quote girl, so I will end with this well known, but appropriate quote: 'Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly...':slight_smile:

Nerdbynature-I am so sorry about how you were basically forced to come out to your parents. And also sorry about you having to deal with their unsupportive (at best!) reaction. I am wondering whether their reaction was exactly how you thought it would be?

I also did not have the choice in coming out to my parents. I honestly planned on never telling them, because I knew how they would react. And I didn't want to deal with all that, as in I viewed it as a 'not worth my energy' type thing. Long crazy story but bottom line I was outed to them by someone else. Same thing as your parents, they blamed my gf for 'turning me gay.' They said some horrible things. And they also now knew that the woman they knew (and really liked) as my best friend, was really my girlfriend. And all of a sudden hated her.

As I anticipated... they reacted as expected. I guess at least it wasn't a surprise. But the fact that they could be so angry at me (for being me?) was a bit surprising I guess.

14. Rana

Rana Guest

Jackie,
    Yes, energy times ten! But also sometimes lots of anxiety so it's a tough mix.
    Overall, I become more hopeful everyday and some kind of propulsive force makes me excited about the future. Yes, the energy is off the charts compared to before I realized my lesbian-ness.

Cam,
    I'm sorry you were sort of forced to come out to parents. I'm glad you got it over with though. I've only told one friend so far, but even that feels better. I hated no one knowing. I can't even imagine family dealing with this. I don't really want to think about it yet...I'm still dealing with it myself. ♥

15. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Intoxicating and propulsive - I love those words. I love you guys and love my life at the moment. Everyday I feel like I am unwrapping more and more of this wonderful new me. I really love her. I just don't want to think how I was before. I am proud of me, I am looking forward to the future... I am enjoying life and making the most of every waking moment. Life is too short. I am now off to bed. 3.51am! 52 years young signing off!

16. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go Jackie! Go Jackie!

:thewave::thewave::thewave: