1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Near death experiences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Georgia111, May 8, 2017.

1. Georgia111

Hey everyone! I've been doing some reading on near death experiences and I just wanted to get your opinion On the topic. I've been reading about people visiting heaven and then some people going to hell and then coming back to earth. Do you think that this is a real thing??

2. Lazuri

There are lots of scientific explanations, the most common of which is that the lack of oxygen to the brain causes hallucinations of what people expect to see. That one is especially common in drownings.

However, I'm not one to pretend I have all the answers. I like to think that there are things that I don't know, so even though I generally believe in the scientific side of things, I tend to not try and rob myself of the belief that there may be more to the universe than we can perceive.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes it is because this is something that I experienced first hand. This occurred when I was rushed to the hospital after being beaten and raped so severely that my lungs and kidneys collapsed at the same time. After being found by one of my doctors at home, once I got to the hospital, I was taken into emergency surgery where I was told that nine times out of ten, I will die on the operating table. However, if by some chance I did survive, I will never be able to talk or eat solid foods again as well as partially vegetated for the rest of my life. I was in a coma from what I was told for a little over three months. During this time, my motor skills were working properly while in this coma. I remember seeing this really bright white light and hearing this voice that was speaking to me as well. The voice explained what the bright light meant. If I can be honest, I will tell you after enduring this traumatic experience from being beaten really bad and raped severely, I was ready to leave this earth. Nonetheless, this voice told me that I will be okay in a miraculous way and that I will defy all the doctors by being healed in more ways than one. The doctors will acknowledged me as a "walking miracle". Again, I know for some this may sound unbelievable or totally ridiculous. However, you can't speak or respond on something until you've been in a situation such as mine to endure it. Needless to say, I did overcome all four surgeries and I was not vegetated and was eventually able to talk and eat solid foods again. Although, I still have some medical issues from all that I've endured during this time....but to see my outer and physical appearance, you would never know that I do or better yet, what I've been through. Also, it took me over a year to be able to talk again. During this time, instead of having a pity party for myself, I decided to obtain my Masters' Degree online which by the way, all of my doctors were totally against me doing so. Determined to prove them wrong...it was not an easy road so to speak...but I did finish the program and received my Masters' Degree. I even graduated within the top 5 of my class. Again...I defied the odds. This is my near death story.

4. Georgia111

Wow! I admire your determination and strength JonSombeody and I'm also very sorry to hear what happened to you. Congratulations on your success in your master degree!! You deserved it :eusa_clap

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for responding and your kind words...JS:thumbsup:

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to believe they are indications for the existence of an afterlife. I've heard many people talk about them and how they made them lose their fear of death. Also that the experiences are very similar regardless of the person's experiences and beliefs. But I've also read that some of the things that people have said to have seen during the out of body experience which happens before the "light" or "tunnel" were proven to be false, so hallucinations.

7. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 4 years old, I got my hand caught in a car door. Luckily I was alright, even though due to how little I was, that could have caused a lot of damage to my body.

When I was 8, I slipped off a bunch of rocks a good 20 feet near the beach, and landed on some more rocks. How I survived that, I don't know.

When I was 10, I was at the mall and slipped on an escalator and luckily the only thing that happened, was I gashed my leg. You can still see the scar.

When I was 11, I was on the playground, this kid (I don't know if he did it on purpose or not) was flipping jumping off monkey bars, almost kicked my whole entire face off. Luckily I just ended up with a busted bloody chin, and bloody swollen lips. My lips are still swollen from that incident sadly enough.

My twin brother died of cancer when he was 14.

Senior year of high school, I got into a fight with this bully, he knocked me out pretty bad. All I got was a black eye luckily enough.

A few months ago, I was walking home and this guy at gunpoint robbed me. Luckily he didn't shoot and kill me.

Those are all the ones I can remember right now.