1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring myself out -help me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FireBirdRising5, May 8, 2017.

1. FireBirdRising5

Hello everyone.. So... Where do I begin?
    I'm a guy.. And I don't know if I should be?

How do I figure it out? What am I looking for?
    Few things about me, I love online gaming, especially games where I can take on other rolls. I am always the female character. I really dislike male models in games. But I also do a lot of role playing. For those of you that don't know it's where you act as someone else like you were in a movie.. I can not role play a guy to save my life. Not in any scenario. Not in.. the brave hero.. Or the sexually romantic guy. No. Playing the female comes way easier to me, in any given scenario. Including sexual ones.

I know for a fact that I am not gay. I like girls, I would like to be with a girl. I find them beautiful and fascinating. Guys I just.. Don't seem to fit in with.. I don't get them. I get along much better with girls, and, as I said, I want to be with a girl for the wrest of my life some day. But.. The real nail in the coffin. The reason I think I might be Trans.. Is because I have constantly wished that reincarnation is real so that when I am done with this, I will have my turn in a female body... So.. Am I Trans? is that reason enough to be? If not then, what else am I looking for?

Little side note, I am not uncomfortable in my body... But, as mention.. I wonder what it's like to be in the body of the opposite sex..

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds likely that you're trans. First of all, your gender doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality. There are trans people of every sexual orientation, so don't worry about that. I'd recommend experimenting: you can try tucking (a technique to make the groin appear flat), wearing women's clothes, speaking in a higher voice, ask someone to call you "she", or wearing breast forms (or something similar) to see how it feels.

I think it's easy to think of gender as what I want to be seen as socially and biologically, but that doesn't work for everybody. You could also be non-binary and not identify as a guy or a girl or ID as both, which I know there are a lot of threads on here about.

Here is a masterpost of transfeminine resources if you need them (the blog itself is somewhat controversial but there are good resources here).

#2 baconpox, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017