1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with some things

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ushiromiya Red, May 4, 2017.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello EC friends,

It has been awhile since I have been on this site, since then some things have happened. I have finished college finals, spring semester is over in college, etc,

But the reason I'm writing this post is because i had a breakdown this morning. It was something that has been bothering for awhile. Everything just came to a head and I started crying and cutting. Not a good combo. I have been feeling stress from having my dad and people he know still refer to me by my old name. I had it changed a month ago, officalised but my dad still has failed to recognize my one basic request to call me by my newfound name as that's is my name now.

Other parts that have been bothering me have been being stuck in the closet, living in a house where my identity is not respected, etc, everything has just been bothering me lately. Id like some thoughts and advice, thank you.

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you explain to your dad the stress he is causing you?

3. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried, but he has stated plain and clear he will never call me by my name. I will always be "dead name" to him. :frowning2:

I've also tried corrected people like my brother's nurses (he's special needs) and telling them of my new name, they still refused to ignore it and address me by dead name. And enough time has passed that this change could have taken place had they enough respect for my identity.

None of them have to agree with my decision but I'd like to ask for them to respect it. Unfortunately I don't know how to put it into words. It's hard, I'm living at my dads and it's complicated I'm afraid, :bang: