1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do girls need protection?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Shadowgirl37, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My girlfriend and I are thinking about having sex, but we are both virgins and have no idea how this works. Is there protection we need to use? Is there protection we can use?

2. artition

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my girlfriend and I were virgins when we had sex. Neither had been with a guy, she is undefined in her sexuality and I am a lesbian. We did not use protection. We just washed our hands thoroughly and cut our nails like the usual thing. Although I heard it is best to use dental dams. They are cut outs of latex, usually squares. Or cut up a condom (surely you can find some free somewhere) and use unlubricated because a lubricated condom taste disgusting. We are not tested for STDs. Mainly because we don't to ask our parents. But I don't think there is a huge risk because you are both virgins. Just keep the hands clean, stop if there is any blood, don't perform oral sex if either have sores in your mouth or open cuts or wounds. That's all I got lol

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's up to you. Personally, I would not use protection myself inside a relationship. The STI rate for women is very low. And it doesn't even fully protect you from the STI's we are most vulnerable to (like HPV)

If you do want to use protection there are gloves and dental dams. Some lesbians also use male condoms on their sex toys.

#3 Creativemind, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. LeticiaTheLesbo

As posted by the 2 users above.

There are lesbian safe sex tools. Dental dams being the most common.

If both of you are STI free then it is okay to proceed without protection. However if either of you has an open wound/sore in your mouth or private sector I would suggest using protection or changing up the routine in bed so to speak.

5. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As stated if its your first time for both of you then tbh there shouldnt be too much of a need. But if you still would like some protection dental dams are the way to go. Never seen or used one so couldnt tell you too much about them.

The best protection you both could use imo at this stage is just making sure you are both clean and take it easy with lots of commuication