1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by SilentOtaku, Apr 15, 2017.

1. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

I came here to get away from the bullshit on YouTube, seriously ppl cannot handle that opinions aren't facts and that they can't be right all the time. Seriously, I'm sick of ths bs of assume something is get called out and show the facts, then call someone a weeb or weaboo for showing that you're wrong.

Seriously, I wish these people would just accept the actual facts, grow a brain, and then move on with their lives.

That and the constant calling people homophobic slurs, and saying everything is cringe and gay people as well as otaku are Cringe faggots and weaboo/weeb(s).

In short, I left because of the ignorant, errogent, I know it all attitude, and calling people names cause I can't accept that I might be wrong and that I don't know what I'm talking about stuff.

I'm a gay Otaku like me or leave!!!

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, and welcome to EC. :slight_smile: Yeah, I'm not sure if you're talking about all of YouTube or just the notoriously awful comment sections, but that's why I steer clear of the comments 95% of the time. Nobody's got time to be that pissed off over random trolls. As for being a gay Otaku, dude, don't worry, you're not the only one on here. I'm not one (not an Otaku, anyways) but there are some lurking around. You'll find someone who shares your interests. :thumbsup:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello SilentOtaku! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

4. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

Thanks, I'm stating that it's mostly the videos and such. Someone says something stupid, someone corrects them on such statement and then the person defends their idiocy and throws name calling around.

Usually it goes like this from what I've seen from people I like, Japanese person makes a video on a subject they like. Maybe on anime or something.

That person then gets insulted by some dumb English speaker who is most likely a dumb weaboo/weeb. Says the maker of the video is a weeb or weaboo and isn't Japanese or really Asian. Says anime is trash and cartoon shit.

Japanese user responds politely with some hint of anger in their comment, usually stating that they were born in Japan, lived there most of their life, and that it's rude to be mean to someone about something they like and on a subject they like.

States that most anime isn't trash but that's his opinion. Then states that he is ignorant and incorrect about what anime is and that it isn't cartoons usually giving evidence and actual legitimate facts as to why. And states it falls under animation but not all animation is cartoons and not all are the same. Then shows that it's a type of/ or is just regular dramas from Japan/Asian. The troll gets butthurt calls the person a weeb and continues to insult the person.

This goes on for a few months with me really getting angry at people in America and such. My respect for people who speak English is lost and then I wish I didn't exist so I don't have to deal with this trash.

Moreover, that same troll bitches about how all Asian music is emo garbage and then continues to scream faggot.

This then drives me nuts and feel sorry for the maker of the video.

And that is just an example of what goes on, with that website. The videos can get worse and even the makers of videos can be dumb. I submit to you Memeulous, Leafy, Filthy Frank, and Idubz. The idiotic trio of morons who don't fact check anything.

So that's why I don't come on the net, and some how thought escaping here would be a good thing.

In short, I thank you for your warm welcoming and I hope I can find some sort of safeness here..

5. birobigenausex

Hi SilentOtaku! Welcome. I'm new, too :slight_smile: Pardon my ignorance, but what is an Otaku?

6. SilentOtaku

SilentOtaku Guest

No it's fine, Otaku: (おたく/オタク?) is a Japanese term for people with obsessive interests, commonly theyre fans of anime and manga.

#6 SilentOtaku, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  7. birobigenausex

Oh, cool! I've known a few of those people in my lifetime. We used to get along really well, because they would obsess about anime, and I would obsess over various celebrities. Still do, lol!

8. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyo welcome to EC!

9. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya! I'm fairly new here as well myself, I joined a few days ago :3 Welcome!

10. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey welcome to EC! Here we are generally well informed, and hardly use words like that

11. an3

an3

welcome! I don't define myself as an otaku bcs I just don't have enough time to invest in the wonderful world of anime/manga haha but so far I do love it very much. And by the Yotube stuff, ugh I just chocked when I read about banning the LGBTQ seccion as if showing us is 'wrong' or 'dangerous' to the teens. Seriously? I bet the ones behind that were old 'conservative' white disgusting men.

12. FallenChatty

Hello everyone, welcome to EC! I am also new here and I love to listen your interesting stories and share my ideas and point of views.

13. Chronos

Chronos Guest

Cool! I'm new here too! Its nice to have a place where you can find people who are accepting of different ideas. I hope to see you around :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2017 at 05:48 PM ----------

So I guess we can all have a new people party?
    Woot woot?
    (becomes awkward shy bi guy from freshman year again)
    Anyone bring cake?