1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I feel like this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by straightgirll, Apr 14, 2017.

1. straightgirll

2. OED27x

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there,
    First off. It's OK. Let me repeat, OK.
    I actually laughed a little when I opened that bc I know who that is and pretty sure I had a little thing for her cause she has that tough girl thing.
    But besides that, you keep saying you're straight. And you might be!! But it's totally fine that you have a little girl crush. Who knows why. Question is, does it matter? Are you confused because you consider yourself straight or are you afraid there is something more to this?

3. straightgirll

You had a thing for her? Lol Yes I am consfused about this because I'm straight and it's scaring me

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's because... Homosexual and heterosexual people are not as gay/straight as we like to think. It's normal if you had this girl crush. You can call yourself straight, but if you had other "signs" that you're not as straight, then maybe you might not be heterosexual. At least, not as much as you think you are.

By the way, what you feel for her might not be related to your sexuality. Maybe you can relate to her situation or personality? You said that she reminds you of someone else. It might be related to him. Do you have any unresolved issue with this guy?

Oh, and... Ever considered the possibility that you could be bisexual? Bi people are actually pretty good at hiding part of their sexuality from themselves and the people around them...

5. straightgirll

No I don't but I liked him for a long time. I'm not bisexual though

#5 straightgirll, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact is, you have a girl crush. So what? This just means you can at least be a little bit romantically (if not sexually) attracted to women. You can still identify however you like. It doesn't even matter, what matters is getting to know yourself. You're young and exploring yourself... nothing wrong with that. And even straight people sometimes have their exceptions. Chill. But why is the thought of being anything other than straight so scary to you? Why is being "straight" so important?

7. straightgirll

I'm not attracted to women, that's why I think this is weird. I don't know why i have this connection. Because it's not hot not yo be straight. The idea of being with a girl sexually does not appeal to me.

8. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, you're a bit attracted to this one. So what? We all get crushes on movie characters. Enjoy, and since you're definitely not questioning your sexuality, don't stress it too much. It's normal, and you can still be straight.

9. straightgirll

I get stressed about these kind of things

10. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're overthinking it. You have what is called a "girl crush", and it's something the majority of straight women go through (many gay people have similar connections to a character of the opposite sex). You're probably straight, so I wouldn't worry.

11. straightgirll

I've never been attracted to girls

12. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, it shouldn't matter who you have crushes on :slight_smile: If you want to identify as straight, then go ahead and identify as straight - even if you do develop the occasional thing for a girl. What matters is what you're comfortable being and telling other people you are. I'm not entirely sure if this is helpful or not, but oh well :3

13. straightgirll

I don't understand why this is happening

#13 straightgirll, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  14. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody here knows better than you why it is happening, but we're trying to make you understand that for whatever reason it's happening, it isn't terrible. Sexuality is a weird thing. My girlfriend is 27 and she had never liked a girl before she met me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And as August said, your thing is something many straight girls experience.
    I don't know why it's happening to you, I can't identify with the feeling because I'm bisexual. Maybe other straight and gay people here can relate more...

15. straightgirll

It's never happened before

16. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you said it before, and I told you: sometimes unexpected things happen. :rolle:
    What kind of answer are you looking for?

17. Rana

Rana Guest

Hi straightgirl,
    I'm asking myself the same thing as to why this is happening to me right now. I'm feeling attracted to women and I NEVER have been in my life up to now (and I'm 41!). I just don't know why but it's definitely happening. At first I thought it was just to one person, but now I see that it's more than that. Let's forget the "why" for now. It's definitely possible, and from what I'm researching, it's pretty common. Psychologist Lisa Diamond has done a lot of research on this kind of thing. You may want to check it out.

18. rainyday

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    straightgirll,
    From your posts it sounds like you don't understand why you are attracted to this girl even though it's never happened before/you are straight. First of all, Straight isn't some fixed inherent category of being, it's just an approximation for people's experiences. What I mean by this is no one is born straight or gay or bi, we are born as we are and we use those words to describe how we feel and who we feel we are. People are born with same gender/opposite gender/whatever attraction of course (although there are people who say that their sexuality actually changes over time), but what I'm saying is that straight/gay aren't words or fixed categories that come from or exist inherently in nature. Nature doesn't care what we are. As such, this straight/gay binary (which humans created and are pretty new words) does not describe a lot of or even most of the experiences people actually feel. What is happening to you is normal and natural.

In your case, you can still have this attraction to this girl and identify as straight. You seems upset by your attraction, because it "undermines" who you thought you were (straight). Like a lot of us have said, this one attraction doesn't mean you have to redefine who you are, or even that it is incapatible with being straight. She isn't someone who you will ever meet, she's a fictional character played by an actor. Some people are attracted to fictional characters regardless of what their orientation is, in part because these characters are unobtainable. I used to find it easier to be attracted to fictional men because I could pretend that that attraction validated my identity as straight, even if I struggled to be attracted to real men.

Edit: Actually, in another post you said you have OCD. Honestly this does sound a lot like OCD to me. You might want to think about meeting with a therapist about this.

#18 rainyday, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  19. straightgirll

I don't know :frowning2:

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 04:47 PM ----------

Yeah, I don't understand why

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 04:47 PM ----------

It's strange, I've never experienced this