1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardcore/metal lgbt homies?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AriKari, Apr 14, 2017.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Check out the songs "In Mist She Was Standing" and "Karma". Those are two pretty good Opeth songs. They're known for having long songs lol

2. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Bad hearing runs in the family just as much as a love for metal, we just deal with it. My teachers don't appreciate my bad hearing, though.
    \
    2. I mostly just say that I'm listening to metal, and if they ask more, I tell them more. simple(for me at least)
    \
    3. That, I can't answer you but with a simple 'Intuition'
    \
    4. I do speak a lot of german, i'm just not completely fluent, and I just act like i'm near my group home staff when i'm trying to avoid singing
    \
    5. Like Satan slit your throat with Death's sythe.

3. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Punk and crust/d beat here, and occasional deathcore, but I'm always looking for more!

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm always happy to see metalheads who are LGBT coming out of the woodworks! i know, not metal, but hey, i'm always happy to know that i'm not alone!
    I listen to heavy metal as well, i'm into all kinds of variety but my main bands that i listen to these days is Bolt Thrower, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Brother Von Doom, Vader, Behemoth, Kataklysm, Accept

5. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel slightly out of place here. I listen to various genres of rock and metal but my stuff is tamer than I want it to be. My emo phase left a while ago, but my music taste hasn't changed other than to get more screamy. A lot of the time with the metal I'll just put on a playlist or I'll listen to a band but couldn't tell u the names of the songs. The bands I listen to are Trivium, Cane Hill, Suicide Silence, Of Mice & Men, Slipknot, System of a Down, Green Day, Bring Me The Horizon, My Chemical Romance, Asking Alexandria, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, A Day To Remember, Falling in Reverse, Good Charlotte, Gorillaz, Guns n Roses, Korn, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Neck Deep, Nirvana, The Offspring, Papa Roach, Paramore, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Set It Off, Sum 41, All Time Low

Like I said, lots of different genres. Some punk rock, some more metal and screamo, some really emo and dead.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We share a lot of tastes, actually. I know if I have a day where metal isn't doing it for me, grunge usually lifts me back up.

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2017 at 04:21 AM ----------

Where would you recommended someone starting with Hypocrisy? I think they were featured on the Traces of Death IV soundtrack, and that's all I remember hearing from them. Unless there's another band with that name floating around, and I'm mixing them up.

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yup, same band. and it depends really. if you want old school death metal, listen to the first two albums. from there on, they went a weird journey to become melodic death metal, but its still brutal.
    my favorite song from them is Pleasure of Molestation (NO, I DONT BELIEVE IN IT BUT IT'S THE TITLE OF THE SONG LOL) Adjusting the Sun, Let the knives do the talking, Final Chapter, Fractured Millennium, Left to Rot
    I started out with the song Elastic Inverted Visions, cause someone got me into it. the most popular songs they have is Roswell 47 and Eraser.

8. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like Moths to Flames is really great! They're pretty typical but damn it they do it so well!
    Suicide Silence's new album... No Time to Bleed is one of my favorite albums.

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2017 at 09:10 PM ----------

Blast it anyway. But if playing it out loud and throwing down in the living room is an option, I'll pick that.

If they don't listen to metal, they're a little less attractive. Music is my life and it's important to me that we bond over music. Especially my favorite kind of music Haha

A two-step or groove that constantly keeps moving will get me going anytime. Like head bob status.

Never been into Rammstein

Black metal vox fucking hurt really bad. But they're so fun lmao

---------- Post added 28th Apr 2017 at 09:20 PM ----------

You're not out of place here at all. Honestly, when it comes to the hardcore aspect of things, I'll throw pop/punk in there too. If it warrants 2-step, stage dives, posi-jumps, etc. It's the same to me. When it comes to metal, I don't consider om&m, asking alexandria, (new) bmth, etc. metal. I refer to them as (new age) hard rock. Nothing wrong with bands, I enjoy them! I'm actually really happy to see anyone have such an open mind when it comes too music. I love pop music, one of the most shit on genres in the history of music. Not all of the bands you listed are straight up pop-punk or whatever. AA has some pretty hardcore shit. Morte et dabo for example!

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hell yeah, thanks!

10. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    God damn, I found this band called "I Am." They have 1 album on Spotify and it kiiiiiiiilllllllsssssss. They're a deathcore/slam-esque outfit. FFO Angelmaker, YĆ¼th Forever (Villains), King Conquer, Oceano

11. RobKing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm mostly in to trash and heavy metal. I sometimes listen to black and death metal but not often. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Accept and Manowar are some of my favorites.
    Where i live there isn't a metal scene but there is one kick ass trash metal band by the name of Tankist that has a great old school sound. They have one album out and are working on the second.

12. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Power Trip has a pretty nice thrash sound when it comes to their solos. The riffs are thrash influenced as well but rearranged in a way to fit the groove metal style (Lamb of God, Pantera.) I'd recommend checking out Revocation as well. Straight up thrash composed mostly around jazz theory. Dave Davidson is the mastermind behind the writing, but everyone involved is greatly skilled at what they do.

13. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main genres I like are, Symphonic metal (that's how I got into metal in the first place), Metalcore/Deathcore, and Melodic Death Metal.
    And I particularly like bands with female lead singers.

My five favorite bands are Arch Enemy, Walls of Jericho, Caliban, Epica, and Otep.

#33 tranonymous, May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  14. timo

I'm probably not in the right place here but I'll use it as an excuse to discuss slightly heavier music.

I'm a huge fan of melodic hardcore (stuff like Architects, While She Sleeps, Defeater, More Than Life, Capsie, Counterparts, Landscapes). Also always in for some good mathcore (Rolo Tomassi, The Fall of Troy, Marmozets). I'll leave out the more punk pop bands like Neck Deep, State Champs, Trash Boat etc cause they're not really hardcore. Still very enjoyable though. And I have a weak spot for Deafheaven (yes metal kids feel free to kill me)

15. guitar

Old school metal, hard Rock, thrash, and power metal

16. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably not super hardcore, but I do enjoy metal. Kind of big into symphonic metal. And old school metal, can never go wrong with Iron Maiden or Motorhead

17. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone have those moments where they spend 20 minutes neatening their hair (stupid ****ing **** *** ****** ********** ********* conformist culture) then headbang so much that you lose all style whatsoever?

18. Nachtmahr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fellow metalhead here!

I favour Folk-/Pagan-/Viking Metal, Black Metal and Power Metal but I listen to nearly every subgenre of metal from time to time.

19. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone ever noticed you could make a new Slayer song by just piecing together riffs and lyrics from random songs? Not knocking Slayer, I love them, but is kinda true.

Or am I wrong?