1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused... (Mtf?)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BeautyGardevoir, Apr 12, 2017.

1. BeautyGardevoir

I'm confused with my gender.....

Right now, as far as my family is concerned, I'm an 18 year old senior guy that's about to graduate. And sometimes, I do feel that way. Like I'm a guy, and that's how I like myself. However, recently, (like in the past 2 years or so) I've been getting these... Thoughts in my head. At first, I caught myself wondering what It would be like to wear a skirt, or a formal dress. Then, as time passed, I slowly started thinking to myself other thoughts, such as: "I wish I had a body like hers....", "She's so lucky she was born a girl..", "I wonder what it's like, going out and looking like that without even giving it a second thought..." And so on.

When these thoughts come into my mind (they come to my mind nearly every day) I start... Imagining myself born as a female. And how much I would prefer that I was born that way, instead of being born male

Whenever someone accidentally calls me "ma'am" or "miss" I always feel so happy. It just feels... Good, hearing that. I know it's strange, but... Whenever someone refers to me as a girl, I always feel better

The weird thing is though, I don't mind being a guy at times. I've just caught myself thinking and feeling these things a lot recently, and... I'm confused. Do I sound like I might be a trans person? Or do I sound like something else?

2. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im in a identical position ma'am. You arnt alone

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what it's like. I had been in much the same situation for a while, then I discovered this forum, did internet research, etc. All I can say is give yourself time to learn about yourself. I know it's scary not knowing how to define the fundamentals of who you are Just give yourself time and stay strong
    -Christine

#3 AbsoluteNerd, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  4. Black Rose

I have a lot of the same feelings you are not alone!

Right now I identity as Genderfluid but leaning more female. My advise is first focus on how you feel not the term. The term gives a sense belonging but honestly you do not have to fit a term to be valid!

It is ok to experiment in whatever way makes you feel safe. And remember you can experiment and decide you are not trans. You may decide you are and that is fine too. Experimenting is just that. An experiment. Its scary but its not final you can try to have a little fun with it even though I know that's not easy

If you have a friend you can trust talk to them that has been huge for me. If not we're here for you!

Stay strong. You are not in this alone!