1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hair looks like a mushroom

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Random Ross 1, Apr 8, 2017.

1. My hair jut got cut, and after I took a shower it started to look horrible. It looks like a mushroom and I hate it. I dried my hair too, and it didn't help at all. I WILL NOT LET MY HAIR LOOK LIKE THIS. All the strands have a tiny tiny curl at the end so you end up not being able to see the ends and gaaaaaaaaaah I hate it so much. HALP ME.

Attached Files:

#1 Random Ross 1, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Linkmaste

Any chance you could take it to the hair salon and explain what happened? Like another one-not the one you went to lol.

3. Really

Can you use some product to style it into a shape you like? I'm still getting used to my shorter hair and I just use some leave-in conditioner. While it's wet, I finger comb it through my hair then I push it around until I like what it's doing then I let it air dry.

It always takes me a few days after a cut to get used to it. You may start liking it once you figure out how it works. :slight_smile:

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Really. A new style takes some getting used to. I cut my long hair into a shortish style, and the first few times trying, it looked alright, but eventually it just started to look sloppy and untidy. I ended up cutting it shorter and I love it now. Sometimes you find out that a certain hairstyle doesn't suit you, but another style seems to be perfect. It takes some trial and error. I'm not saying you should cut your hair, but just experiment with it a bit until you get more acquainted with styling it.

5. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you I'd buzz it so it's too short to be a mushroom.

6. klix

Put some product in it...

You could get a nice quiff going at the front using a comb and some wax, if you don't like pulling your fair try powder wax like L'Oreal Super Dust, there are cheaper supermarket brands.

Then again using wax use your fingers to twist bits together to make some texture through the top and sides.

Then fix it with some super strong or ultra strong hair spray, I use Tresemé.

If you really don't want to go to all that effort, try putting a small amount of wax in all over before bed, then just adjust calm it down a bit in in the morning, and fix with hair spray.