1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need someone to listen

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Aleka, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Aleka

Hi! This is my first time here. I've been having a lot of stress and anxiety for awhile regarding my situation and I need to reach out for help.

I've always done what I was "supposed" to do in life. Got the good grades and never got In trouble. I dated a well respected boy. I guess everyone sees me as the good daughter and the good student and just the all around goody goody. And I always just went with it. I never much questioned it. I liked having everyone's approval.

But then I met this girl. And my heart skipped a beat! I swear I felt like some type of wooden doll before I met her. Now I feel like my whole life is upside down. Everyone will look down on me if I even attempt to explore those feelings. But it's all I think about!

Feel good just writing this to get it off my chest! Any impute? I might pour my heart out to this girl just to be rejected and then everyone around will be disappointed in me as well. I don't know if I can face rejection and losing everyone :icon_sad::icon_sad:

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there. Welcome to EC!

This is a safe place to explore your feelings and learn about yourself. The people here are friendly and supportive.

Why will people look down on you?

3. Bakemono

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. Aleka

Thank you for the warm welcome :slight_smile: well they would look down on me and possibly disown me because this small circle I'm in doesn't look too kindly upon LGBT. So I can't see them accepting me with open arms. Which really breaks my heart. :tears:

5. Justshort

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi Aleka,
    This place is great for just letting go, people here are non-judgemental. Lots of friendly advice given too.
    You will see that many people feel the same, so it's not a bad thing to feel how you do.
    But don't think people will look down on you, especially not in here!
    Good luck in your journey X

6. BlueEyes85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi beauty!

Leave your boyfriend, so that you can work on yourself without any interference and follow your heart!
    And, if you think "your people" might not accept you as you are, are you sure you'd like them to be still in your life?
    Your coming out will make you understand who deserves your attention, and who doesn't.
    Don't waste your time with people who don't accept you. You don't need them!

Cheers,

7. BlueEyes85

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Edited

8. radioqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello,

We're all here to listen!

Crushes are generally all I can think about, and it won't stop until I know for sure if they do or don't like me back--which is found out by asking them. That's my personal experience, though, and it's only been reciprocated one time out of five. But at least I didn't dwell and dwell on it. I was in an accepting group though, so it wasn't too bad for me. Even if our situations aren't exactly the same, many of us can relate to you. You're not alone.

Now, I wish you the best of luck! We'll always be here for you for more guidance and support!

Bee

9. Aleka

Thanks everyone:slight_smile: it's a rough go but I'm
    Loving how everyone here is so friendly.

10. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't become too attached to any people... perhaps your coming out would change the views of your social group, but if not, remember you don't need anyone but yourself :slight_smile:

You don't have to leave your boyfriend... you might be bi after all...

Just give this a lot of thought :slight_smile: Welcome to EC!

11. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm also figuring out my sexuality but haven't been lucky enough to find someone to explore with yet. I say you should go for it. No regrets :grin:

12. LailaForbidden

Welcome! EC is an awesome place to be as open as you would like without judgement. We are here to support you friend :slight_smile:

13. shybiboy

Hi Aleka, it's completely up to you how you want to proceed. This is about your life and your happiness. That being said, I'd honestly advise you to go slow here. Take the time to sort out your feelings. You like this girl, but how? Is it just a physical attraction, or is it also emotional? Have you ever had a close female friend? Are you still with the boy? Do you love / feel attraction to him?

You don't have to write a bunch of long answers to these questions. It's just something to think about. You could discretely pursue your attraction to this girl, and see where it leads. See if you just want a hook-up or a real relationship. See if you still want to be with your BF. Just go slow and do what feels natural. You don't have to plan where you end up. Just plan your next step. Step by step, you'll figure it out.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

14. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Aleka! :slight_smile:

15. Aleka

You guys are seriously great! It took everything in me to post this. I really felt alone and like it was just me. I never "let" myself feel anything but what I was told to I guess. She's woken up things in me that I don't even know how to explain. Nobody judged me here. Refreshing. I cried. I feel relieved.

16. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello Aleka, it is nice to meet you.

You'll find plenty of positive energy on this forum.

17. kimoku

Hi Aleka,
    The group may be LGBT unfriendly, but if you look at each of them individually, they may have different views, and some might even be able to understand. And you can ask the girl you like a few things, like bring up the topic casually or ask about her views about people who likes the same gender. I may be too hopeful.

Good luck on finding a solution :slight_smile: