1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the other trans (HRT)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PrinceVegeta, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, congrats on the weight loss. As for how being on T will affect your goals, it really just depends, since it can affect people differently. If you live an active lifestyle, this might change the game as well. But, I'll say this.

There's this Youtuber I followed for years before he deactivated (I'm not sure if it was to focus on his career as a dancer and professional choreographer *though he seems very open about talking about his gender identity*; and that channel is active), and the only video I know of that's still up of him talking about being on T is on a Texas based LGBT youtube channel. In the video marking him being four months on T, he said when he would casually tell people he gained 30 pounds since starting--they would look at him like he has no idea what he's talking about. He' quite athletic, so his gains were muscle. It's been...shit, almost six years since that video in particular went up, and he still looks amazing.

So there's that too. Or, again, you could also be like me, an absolute potato, and lose twenty pounds in two years with not much effort at all (unless I'm undermining how I may have tweaked my diet and the medication program I'm on). I would say, with how far you've come, starting T shouldn't hold you back from reaching your goal. You might fall into the category like the aforementioned person and have some gains in the form of building muscle.

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another question guys: Have you noticed if the pimples you are getting.. are they worse, the same, or not as bad as when you got pimples the first time around during puberty?

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That awkward moment when I thought you were asking about nipples for the first few seconds. Yikes.

I oddly enough never had severe acne as a kid. I saw a dermatologist when the over the counter stuff wasn't clearing my skin up, but I could have had it way worse--and one of my fears I had with starting was seeing how bad it could get.

When I started T, I would get small clusters on my chin, but not anything too bad. The worst I get now is that rare pimple near my nose that hurts if I breathe a certain way, but that's maybe once every two or three months minimum. I think I've had more bacne than anything on my face over the past two years, but it hasn't been remotely close to those worst cases where the person is almost literally covered in painful pimples and acne scars.

4. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol omg nipples xD

Ahh. Well, my acne was pretty bad the first 2 years of puberty... I kind of don't want to relive the pizza face days. What did you get in the end that helped with pimples?

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's quite interesting to read how effects of T don't necessarily come in the same order for everyone. Most of you seemed to notice new hairs a bit quicker than I did, but maybe that is because I was already incredibly hairy. Also whoever said they got their sideburns first and their moustache last. My facial hair has gone like this: Neck, chin, moustache, a few hairs on the "soul patch area", and am only now getting a few sideburn hairs. Still hardly anything on my cheeks. And I'm not 100% sure about the moustache because it was pretty significant even before T and I've already been shaving that for years. But I had no facial hair otherwise. (Unless you count unibrow. Which has also filled in a bit since T) .

And a couple of you say your sex drive has barely changed which I can't imagine because for me that's been probably the most dramatic change, even though it was high before.

#25 Rickystarr, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been switching it up with ProActiv and some sort of black soap (I forgot the brand but it comes in a tall bottle) for some time. It's my go to thing now if it really starts flaring up.

7. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worse this time. First time round at puberty they were bad but were only around my chin and nose. (think its called the T area? coincidence heheh) And now that Ive been on T for several months, the pimples are really bad but they are mostly on my cheeks and around my hairline and jaw. Not sure why this is as i always assumed the reason guys got them on their jaw line alot was because of shaving. But I havnt started shaving yet, so im interested to know why they are popping up (excuse the pun) in different places from before.

also I've started using this metallic coloured cream called Cristaderm which has been helping a lot. I'll just wash my face with whatever face wash is lying around and then put the cream on twice a day. People have said its made a big difference but the cream is expensive so dont think Ill be able to continue it :/

#27 jaska, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never really got acne during first puberty. One or two zits here and there and a bit on my chest and back. On T, I had mild to moderate acne (mostly around my chin) during the first few months but it's really starting to clear up already. Except on my back where it is still pretty bad. The last month or so I have only had maybe two visible zits at all times. Not necessarily on the chin anymore.