1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back together with ex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Mar 21, 2017.

?

What's your experience with this?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2017.
  1. Never been in a relationship and am currently not.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Have only been in one relationship and still in it (and no break ups)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Have been in a relationship, broken up, but never got back together

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Have been in a relationship, broken up, got back together, but broke up again

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. In a relationship, have broken up, and got back together, and still in that relationship

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Have been in a relationship, gotten back together and broken up multiple times with the same person

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've been thinking about this lately. Me and my boyfriend broke up about 3 weeks ago. We've been doing no contact for basically over 2 weeks now. But, I'm really thinking about getting back together with him. I know how to go about it, and I'm pretty sure I'd be making the right choice to go through with this. This is, however, my first relationship, so I'm not sure how much luck other people have had with this.

What are your thoughts about couples who break up then get back together?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never gotten back together with an ex and don't think I would.

3. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that really depends on each relationship and your reasons for wanting to get back together? Not two relationships are the same, so what worked for some people might not work for you and vice versa.
    I guess getting back together with an ex would be a "no" for most people for obvious reasons, but then again you must know better than anyone what you want to do with your own relationship, and what's best for you. So yeah I personally don't think it's reasonable to say that getting back together is inherently a good or bad thing. If you do feel that would be the right choice then go for it?

4. Eyerene

Well, in my opinion, if a couple goes through a breakup there's usually a good reason for it. Unless you're sure that the original issue (what caused the breakup in the first place) isn't going to happen again, then there isn't a point in getting back together.

If you're sure the problem is fixed, I say give it a chance. But only if you're sure.

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    In my case... I think it had more to do with my reaction and feelings. The problem may still be there, but I do think there's a work around to it. So, yea, I guess I'd have to see how it goes.

I know things vary from relationship to relationship. I'm curious to see how others have handled such a situation.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I dated for a while, and split up when we were in high school---which was probably for the best, because we were both going through a lot and it wasn't a good time for either of us to be in a relationship. We got back together three or four years ago, and we're still together and married.

I agree with what others have said. It really just depends. In my eyes, as long as both parties come back as better people are coming back for the right reasons; I don't see a problem with it.

7. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in a relationship with a great guy like he was so kind and considerate. He broke up with me like two or three weeks ago because he wants to stay as friends. I used to miss him after we broke up but I haven't really been messing him that way. I'm slowly getting better and starting to see him as a friend. I don't really plan on getting back together with him since I want to focus more on myself since I now have the chance to give myself all the me time I want. Anyways yes as the others said it really depends and on your motives like of isn't so you won't feel lonely or anything like that.

8. June Cleaver

You broke up for a reason and guess what that hasn't changed! So if you want more pain go for it. Thats as directly to the point. Take him back eyes open and be ready to be here again. June