1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a weird fact about you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    According to the six degrees of separation theory (that we're all connected to someone in at least six steps), I'm connected to infamous serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in just two.

2. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm surprised how many of these are also true for me. My thumbs are double jointed (I like to mess with people), I've never been drunk, I can touch my nose with my tongue, and of course I talk to myself - who doesn't?...right?

3. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play the mandolin, that one instrument that everyone has heard of, but no one knows what it looks like or how it sounds, and that everyone always thinks is a uke when I get it out.

4. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was once terrified of (and am still quite disturbed by) the two-tone sound of the old Emergency Broadcast System. I mean, I used to run screaming out of the room as a child. To this day if I think it's coming on my radio I'm tripping over myself to turn it off. It's fucking creepy.

5. redonkulous

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, me too, holy shit. It still startles me at first. Being a musician, I recently went to my keyboard to figure out what notes they were and I found that the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......AAAA...AAAAAA" is a C, which is, in my observations at least, the most noticeable note in our 12-note system (the only reason I'm pointing that out is that that tone was selected for that reason, most likely) and the long high pitched one is a G#. I'm sure only like 2 people are gonna care about that but as a musician, it interested me.

Also, I have an insane tolerance for sour things. I can eat multiple Warheads at once or eat a lemon like it's an orange. any regular candy that claims it's "sour" like sour patch kids or sour skittles or something doesn't taste sour at all to me

I'm having one built for me (I got one of those build-it-yourself kits and realized I can't do it haha) and I can't wait to play it

#25 redonkulous, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. Wolfwing

I can mentally recite the phonetic alphabet forwards and backwards, but I can only recite the normal alphabet forwards

7. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cannot, for the life of me, look at people in the eye. I have the strangest reason for it. so instead i look at their nose, most of the time they can't tell.

8. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to be a contortionist. A pretty flexible one too.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aside from being trans, which I think gives me more than my fair share of weirdness in this life.

I learned cuss words in other languages so I could have an "acceptable" expletive to say. As a child, I found choice words to be rather like touching wet paint. When no one was looking I'd try one out or write f**k you on a leaf or something.

I wear light-filtering glasses because I have sensitive eyes, not because my vision is poor (I have 19/20 vision).

I once attempted to make a roll up cigarette with tea leaves and printer paper. It was horrible.

My sense of fashion has been, over the course of my life, utterly absurd. There was a phase where I only wore black, with a trenchcoat and fedora, to school every day. I am not joking. Then there was the bandana phase, the dog tag phase, the bowtie phase...

10. Embi

Embi Guest

I talk to my stuffed animals and I am not even ashamed. And I mean, really talk to them, as in I make them answer as well. Now I sound like a complete weirdo, but who cares?

11. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, are you talking about the tone of the Emergency Alert System that they still use nowadays? No, dude, I'm talking about the old EBS tone from the 90s. It's the second tone, the long one; not the intermittent first one (although that one will also send me flying to turn off the radio). Whereas the new one, the common one still used by the EAS, is (bear with me, I'm a nerd for this kind of thing, but I'll make a long story short) basically just binary "speaking" to the machines that transmit it to tell it what's happening, that just happens to make an unpleasant sound, the old one, the one that sent me flying out of the room, was composed of two different sine wave frequencies, 853 and 960 Hz, and that was intentionally designed to be grating and attention-grabbing. They actually went and researched that shit to find out which frequencies would be most unpleasant to the human ear. The EAS tone they still use puts me on edge, but that old one scared the fuck out of me.

Ha, I still do that. I can cuss in (not counting English) three different languages. I can't even speak the other two. My choice insult right now is "Figlio di puttana" which means "son of a whore" in Italian. I just like the way it sounds. It just rolls off the tongue. :grin:

12. redonkulous

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was before my time and I'm glad it was haha. I looked it up and while the sound itself would probably make me cringe, the talking kinda creeps me out. I can't even describe why, but hearing a clear, forced-sounding voice telling me it's a test is weirder than the static-y walkie-talkie-like voice I'm used to hearing.

13. MichealStrider

I was putting my shirt back on in front of my ex girlfriend and Found out I have a beauty mark on my right shoulder blade. I call it adam.

14. PixieTink

PixieTink Guest

I am only 5 feet tall and the only sport I am actually any good at is volleyball which is mostly played by girls that are way taller than me.

Everyone says I resemble the Disney character Tinker Bell.

15. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I talk to myself inside my mind :grin: Yaay im mad

16. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow there are a lot of things that "normal" people would consider weird. Like i am still obsessed with Disney in my early 20s, still love anime that I've loved as a kid like YuGiOh, Sailor Moon, and possibly Pokémon, I'm obsessed with ponies (I consider myself a brony or at least a newb brony), my phone's mp3 player contains Japanese music mixed in with Equestria girls soundtracks and Lady Gaga along with EdSheeran .(like a variety of music including country but don't have any country on my phone at the moment)

Sorry the above paragraph looks like. A. Giant run on. Sentence! There. Is. Alot of things I consider weird about meself. Other random facts include I imagine videos/stories/scenarios when I listen to. Music, I draw animu style(kind. Of like yugioh style), talk to. Myself to. Voice thought, imagine myself. Talking to favorite characters like. jesse drill gx or others, I changed. My name. In real life. Yeah im. A weird weeahorse girl. Who loves Disney, Ponies, and anime! And Japanese music is my jam 90% of the time!

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 10:16 AM ----------

Hi PixieTink (love that username by the way)

Im only roughly 5'3- 5' 4 and I love Tinkerbelle. I liked playing Volleyball in PE class and wasn't badnat it. I sucked. At every other sport though. I hated playing football and basketball cuz I. Was short ans not very athletic. Im. More nerdy than athletic. Sorry im random. Another weird thing about me is I am random like Pinkie Pie! :eusa_danc

17. Lazuri

People often think that I suffer from schizophrenia, but that's not true. I quite enjoy it.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2017 at 06:11 PM ----------

And so do I.

18. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to spend time alone in the desert. Best place to get a tan

19. PixieTink

PixieTink Guest

I have always been called Tinker Bell by my Mom and friends since I was little. If you glance at my avatar and profile picture I am the short hair blonde in the photos and the dark hair girl is my girl friend. That is why they all call me Tink.

I play the setter position in Volleyball which is usually the shortest person on the floor.

20. YoungMountain

I'm an identical twin. I also talk to myself aloud, but I'm trying to stop doing that.