1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something wrong about liking white guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ocmike87, Mar 12, 2017.

1. ocmike87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a little about myself first I'm in my late 20's and I'm multi-racial (Asian, Hispanic and white) and the guys I'm mostly attracted to slim or muscular white guys (twinks or jocks) but also Asian and Hispanic but at the same time I keep an open mind. I've gone a few dates with older men and I just can't get into them. I've dated latinos, Asians, mixed and even a few arabs.

Most of my gay friends are Hispanic and a few whites and otters, bears or gaymers. Anytime they show me a picture of a guy their into like daddies or bears or guys who overtly muscular or thick with thick body or facial hairs they drool in awe and I'm like eh he's ok, they flip out on me while when I like a facebook picture or show them a pic of a cute slim or fairly muscular white or Hispanic or Asian guy who has little or no body hair with boy like features they scrutinize me and ask 'what's wrong with me' and why I prefer boys over REAL men? They love to rail against white guys and worship latin men. They HATE West Hollywood because of all the white muscle queens but LOVE latin muscle daddies or bros in Riverside or San Diego.

I personally don't care if they have they prefer latin men or daddies over white twinks or jocks, whatever gets your rock off. I never belittle or scrutinize them over their choices. But when it comes to me, they are over my business! Like WTF What's wrong with them? I love to label ALL white gay guys as racists and think any cute white guy who lives in Weho or goes to clubs as all materialistic and drug users and all shallow when they act just as materialistic and shallow themselves at times. And both my Hispanic friends that LOVE daddies and bears are actually dating white guys themselves and love to hook up with twinks (both in open relationships). Hypocrisy??

Why is being attracted to white guys such a bad thing?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it is obvious to everyone in their right mind that racial prejudice exists. Blacks, asians and some other ethnicities suffer a lot with different kinds of violence, unfortunately.

It is important that we recognize and fight prejudice. Attacking or rejecting someone because of their ethnicity cannot be tolerated.

That said, attraction is something really person. You like who you like. If you like someone from the X ethnicity, that's fine. That includes white guys. Why it would be wrong to like someone because the color of their skin?

It is important to keep in mind that there is a "common standard" (mainly set by the media - it is a long discussion), and, in my point of view, it is important to keep that in mind. However, there is nothing wrong in being attracted/dating someone because they are/aren't part of that standard.

To sum it up: No, there is nothing wrong in liking white guys, black guys, asian guys, latino guys, hispanic guys, etc. You like whoever you like, and your friends need to respect that. There is no reason to reject someone you are attracted to simply because of the skin color of that person.

There is no such thing as "reverse racism", and while white guys have indeed some priviledges (in America and Europe, for example). However, rejecting someone not because you aren't attracted to them, not because you don't like them that way, but solely because of their ethnicity, that is racism to me, regardless of the skin color involved.

3. TBD

TBD

They may think that you've been brainwashed into liking white guys because of the culture, but opposites attract.

When I read Obama's book, I couldn't help but feel sadness over his discussion of black people doing things to make themselves less black in appearance. So, your friends may see you abandoning your heritage or that which binds your pals together, but liking a white guy doesn't mean you are trying to be less latin.

When I was younger, I was smitten with blonds. I didn't consciously think of it, but they seemed like the most deluxe male, for a brief season.

It's odd for me to think about having a "type". Yes, some men have undeniable attention getting features, but all tribes have beauty, and some of the most beautiful people in the world are exotic hybrids from two different tribes. I think the most important thing is to find a man who is committed to loving and accepting himself (not in a conceited way) but from the heart.

I treasure my non-white friends. Their journey enriches my life.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2017 at 07:46 PM ----------

W-h-a-a-t!?! How do you define racism?

#3 TBD, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017