1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNC Chapel hill- good idea or no?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenTheRat, Mar 12, 2017.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey guys. So I'm starting to consider colleges and I really wanted to attend college up north somewhere and get out of this nuthouse of a state but financially it's pretty iffy. My mother suggested UNC Chapel Hill, and after doing some research I found very very conflicting views about whether or not the school is liberal/tolerant or not. To be honest I'm very scared of winding up in a very homophobic atmosphere I don't want to spend 4 years of my life terrified.... any of you guys know what the deal is with the school? Thank you in advance!

2. TheOneCactus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry man, I dont live in the US. However, having "chapel" in a schools name makes me think of a more Christian school hence more homophobic than say a non-religious school. Please correct me if I have been ignorant anywhere in this post XD. Hope all goes well

3. yuanzi

#3 yuanzi, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Chapel Hill is just a town's name, so not opprobrium there. (Although it sets my alarms off too.) My impression is that, like most universities (not Jerry Falwell's) it LGBT friendly. What did you find that sounded negative? (Note another thread here about Raleigh vs Durham)