1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm New! Im 16, questioning sexuality.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JohnHalbert, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JohnHalbert

Hey! I'm not sure if I am gay or bisexual. I've had a boyfriend before, but not a girlfriend. To me, the idea of having a girlfriend is a bit exhausting. I also find that I get along with and can talk to guys more easily than girls. Thats because I'm interested in holding a conversation with a dude more than with a girl.

It started in kindergarten....I had a crush on another boy named Dalton. So yeah, I started early. I "came out" to my family in 2014 but of course, it's 2017 and weve never talked about it. I live with my grandma, and she just doesnt seem too ok with the idea of man with man haha. It used to bother me, but hell, I dont let it bother me. A good thing though is all my friends and other family who know are supportive of me!

Ok so....lets get started. I"ve had a crush on my straight friend Tyler since 8th grade. (I'm a sophmore in High School now.) And he knows I like him. Thing is, recently, he's been showing signs that he likes me. I was texting him one night, like a week ago, and we were talking about his birthday. I said I got him a birthday gift and of course his reply was "It better not be a dick pic." (It wasnt. I actually did get him something.) BUT hes seen a dick pic before. I wont get into that, unless yall want me too. Anyways, heres an exact copy of our text messages. (Yes, im typing them out for yall.)

Him: It better not be a dick pic
    Me: Lol its not but dont be scared to ask me for one. Just sayin. But for real I got you something.
    Him: What is it?
    Me: Boy you've gotta wait. Your birthday isnt for two weeks.
    Him: I'm a man, not a boy.
    Me: And I admire that about you.
    Him: Lol.....
    Me: Show me. ( I was referring to , show me how youre a man)
    Him: No can do, I can only show my relationship partner.
    Me: Ok cool. Sorry dude. You know ive liked you since I told you I liked guys. I like to pull your strings every now and then.
    Him: Its cool.

OK soo. After those messages, hes been acting funny. I'm 80% sure he might like me. Let me know what you think.

2. Thatgirl14

:eusa_clap cool
    i am new though welcome,
    if you ask me, i think nothing is impossible he might like you back:thumbsup:,
    and from what you just said, i think you guys would look so cuuute together..... :icon_bigg

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey JohnHalbert,

Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

What indications do you have that Tyler might like you back in the same way you feel about him?