1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to be forever alone :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Mar 8, 2017.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have literally 3 ongoing crushes, and I'm super scared that nothing will come of ANY of them!! I'm really scared to make any moves, and idk what I'd say anyway.

What should I do???

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Forrsythia,

That's very little information for us to go on. So can you name these three girls (not their real names, of course), can you tell us what it is about each of them that attracts you, whether you think you might have a chance with them (i.e. that they might not be straight AND that they might be 'in' to you, as well?

Just asking...:slight_smile:

3. HuskyLover

You say that you're really scared of making any moves, but the worst thing you can do is spend time on the "what if" questions. I see that you're mostly out, so in my opinion you should just go for it. If it works, great! If it doesn't, you can at least be proud of trying and just keep looking. It's certainly not the end of the world. You'll never get to know by doing nothing. :slight_smile:

4. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't particularly know any of them really well, but there is one who is in one of my classes. She's really shy, and doesn't know anyone in the class (she's one year younger). She may be bi, just vibes I get :/ The other girl is one year older, and she seems really nice!! She may be bi, too, but idk. The last one is definitely gay/bi cause she's in the gsa (gay straight alliance) and just...she doesn't seem straight. idk any of them, but I really want to talk to them!! especially the girl in my class, cause she seems really nice and i think i have the most hope with her

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Forrsythia,

I think I'm starting to understand you. You are a shy/quiet girl. You have crushes, but you aren't willing to pursue them because you don't know how each/every 'she' will react if you were to tell them about your crush(es). You've got certain 'assumptions' about how each of them might react, but, of course, you won't actually know unless/until you confront them (Come Out to them). And, of course, there is NEVER a guarantee that any of them will feel the same romantic/sexual attractions towards you that you feel towards them.

Been there. Done that. (From the guy-guy side, which really isn't that different, and also the guy-girl side.) I'm sorry to say that that's LIFE. However, as we both know, there is a very real difference between having a crush, acknowledging that crush, and being accepted or refused by that crush between straight and LGBTQ people.

So, trying to help you out here, how do you want to proceed?

6. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...that's a difficult question! I guess I just want to make a move with someone. I would love to at least become friends with the girl in my class, and then maybe more. A few days ago, I sat with her on a bus to a field trip, but she had earbuds in, so we didn't talk :frowning2: Do you have any advice??

7. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it is normal to feel attracted to multiple people. I think it may take a long time to figure it out.

8. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel, man. Being a lesbian is hard. Most girls don't like me back. I am scared too.

9. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say you're right on track with just trying to become friends with her for now. Maybe try talking to her more often, even if it's just to say 'hi' each day. If the opportunity presents itself, maybe jump at a chance to collaborate with her on a class project. Maybe find out what her interests/hobbies are and see if you have any of those same interests/hobbies that you could talk to her about.

Just some thoughts.:slight_smile:

#9 Quantumreality, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017