1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people love sex?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by stretching, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Justshort

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I too desire sex with women and fantasise about it, but have never acted on it.
    Feel my heterosexual identity is a big fat lie!

I would like to have a sexual encounter with a woman.
    Sex with a man doesn't have the ability to spark that desire in me.
    Huffs and shakes head and walks to the corner to hide again!:help:

2. stretching

Like never. And when I was younger I tried and tried. I enjoyed sex well enough, but never experienced the climax that people describe. Now I have zero interest in trying because I have no interest in sex anymore.

Maybe if I had sex with a woman my entire mind would be blown and I'd love sex too

3. OED27x

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently read that a percentage of women never have an orgasm. Most need clitoral stimulation, not just penetration. Also, lots of things affect it like anxiety, medication, arousal. But you don't need to have an orgasm to enjoy sex. :slight_smile:

4. musicheals315

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In my experiences with sex so far (all heterosexual) I have had sex mainly as it was the thing to do and I felt if I didn't the guy would no longer be interested in me. I think there were times when I wanted to engage in that but it's never been something I fantasized much about except for the actual physical feeling, not picturing or imagining anything other than what I had already experienced. I can say that my lack of interest in sex definitely was a contributing factor to my first and longest relationship ending and I always somewhat enjoyed shark week because it gave me an excuse to not have to have sex, although depending on the guy it usually meant pleasing him, which was probably even less preferred. I know there were times in between relationships when i would seek out men who didn't want to have sex until marriage. Although I didn't have any strong feelings about this, I think that I believed having sex when I was married would make me feel less guilty and be able to enjoy it more, there also wouldn't be the worry of an unexpected pregnancy which was a big fear of mine. I've known for quite some time I do not have a desire to have children. Since discovering I am attracted to women, I definitely find myself fantasizing about a wider variety of sexual things and desire it more, but haven't actually had any relationships with women and am at the same terrified of it. Since discovering the term demisexual, I've related a lot to that and even wondered if maybe it's not that i'm not attracted to men, but just need to have a deeper relationship with them first before I could be sexually attracted to them, but that wouldn't explain why my two longest relationships with men were my two that were probably most impacted (negatively) by my lack of interest. So I wouldn't say I love sex or have a strong need for it (been 5 years without any kind of action), but I think that I haven't fully experienced it.

5. Linkmaste

It's funny.

So many people here or on sites talk about their non-sexual needs and how sex is pretty low on the scale.

For me, it's everything. I need sex, I'm a very sexual woman and I accept that but with my high sex drive, it's a little intimidating to other women.

I myself feel isolated from having such a high sex drive.

But there are people like you :slight_smile: Don't worry.

6. MulderYuffie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sure know I do!!! :slight_smile:

7. Cocolo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "most people"

I try to stay out of trouble by not throwing everyone in one bucket. I personally couldnt care less about sex. I never really have in the past either, I just went along with what I thought was expected culturally, and when I didnt there was absolute hell to pay. Most people acted as though I was lying or had absolutely no right to my feelings or perspectve.