1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to find lgbtq people in my area

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bluehairedgay, Mar 7, 2017.

1. bluehairedgay

hi! im in high school, and i want to make more lgbtq friends that I can actually see in person, and not just talk to on the internet, but I am struggling to find people. Help? thanks :slight_smile:

2. idefygravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi!

I get that it can be super hard to find friends who are also LGBTQ. Judging by your out status on the left, I'm assuming that people at your school are aware of your sexuality? If not, that can be a barrier. Regardless of that, I found that the best way to make lgbt friends in high school was in my clubs. Drama, yearbook, newspaper, and our school's GSA was where I met a lot of my friends. Honestly, the more people you get to know, the more likely you'll find people who are also lgbtq.

Most of my friends from when I was younger just ended up being lgbt, but also my job gave a lot of opportunity to meet people like me? My biggest advice is just to put yourself out there and meet people. More people end up being lgbt than you'd think, and worse comes to worse you end up making a bunch of connections with other people.

Hope that helps even a little!