1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What age did you accept your gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BradThePug, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Prygan

I started thinking I might be trans at age 12, I was sure I'm trans at age 15, then went into denial, and I re-discovered and accepted that at age 19. Came out and started transition then too.

2. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Firmly told myself I wasn't trans all throughout high school. Accepted that I was non-binary at 20-21ish, but didn't do anything differently (more a rejection of my prescribed gender than acceptance of one). Finally accepted my trans-self 3 years ago at 25.

3. Cadi04

I knew I as different in grade 3 already. Did not have many friends and had issues socially. Boys my age often thought I was a girl at first glance. Females oddly enough were attracted to me and adults often said I would not have a problem finding a girlfriend when I grew up. (what ever that meant).
    Back in my day I never thought it was even possible to change. Did not know it even existed till my early 20's. aside from crossdressers that the media made look bad. But when I looked back at my childhood and the social awkwardness I had with peers or the cartoons I liked watching that were not boyish or in between made me think why I enjoyed these things more. I liked talking and listening to my friends parents (mother or father) more often than play with my friends at times. I wished I could play with the girls and hated sports. I did play some street hockey and other sports but really was bad at it. Only sport I ever got into was Martial arts and enjoyed that a lot. Especially when I was teamed up with a female for stretching and such. The girls I was attracted to in some way I just wanted to be with. Not for dating but friends. The boys I was friends with mostly kept me at a distance. I felt like the ugly person in the group that made everyone look better when I was with them. Because of this, I was very shy and rarely talked. But to this day with all the hate and stuff and lack of work. Have not truly able to be myself yet. I envy a lot of the transgender out there that are younger then me and are alot closer then I ever was to becoming themselves. Some days I wish we could just make our own city where transgender are only allowed lol.

#23 Cadi04, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sorry, just seeing this now. Thank you(*hug*)

5. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I realized as early as 8 that I didn't feel like a girl and I felt more like a boy... As for accepting, I am unsure. I guess I accepted at that same time I realized how I felt about myself... but I didn't know what trans was until my teens, so I guess technically I realized I was trans at 14/15.

6. Aviator

Dysphoria started at 11, came around to being trans at 12, on the cusp of 13.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fully? 20. I noticed at 14 that I am a guy in a sense, but I didn't think it meant I'm trans.

8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I didn't know about it until 17. Was a tomboy before, I noticed something was wrong and that I'd prefer to be a man. I didn't connect these things for a long time. So I started to change my wardrobe and now the reflection that looks back at me is actually me, not just some random meat suit.

9. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    41 after decades of being unhappy and not knowing why

10. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    29, almost 30. /i had an inkling something was not right with my gender for about a year before, but didn't really think I'd be trans...I kinda had an inkling all my life that something wasn't right in that department. Being a guy always felt "weird."

11. jadey95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just now coming to terms with it. But, I've always wanted to be a boy since I was a little kid. Like 4 or 5. I don't like thinking about being trans because nobody will accept it. :/ But, at some point I got to stop denying it.

Everyone has always thought that I'm just an extreme tomboy.

The dysphoria I got even at a young age I thought was just common. But, I guess it's not. I've had to accept that in a world where I could be whoever I wanted to be, I would be a man.