1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the oldest memory that showed you might be queer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterMissy, Mar 1, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been thinking more and more lately about how far back my interest in men probably goes. Like, what's the oldest instant where I found a male person or a male character attractive, and didn't really care that they were a man? And I think I've found it.

There was an early episode of Disney's Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers during the first season of the show (it was in reruns during my childhood), where the chipmunks were trying to rescue a young girl (who had the hots for Chip), and the girl's baby sister (I believe), from the villain Fat Cat's hideout. And there's a whole scene, where Chip and Dale must don disguises to dress up as female night-club singers, in order to distract everyone so that Gadget can infiltrate the locked room upstairs and rescue the girls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I was about 5, maybe, at the earliest I saw this episode. But as the years went on, I noticed that I kinda had the hots for Dale, if only cause he was getting a little too into the role; which strangely enough, the comic-relief characters in shows tend to do if they do drag at any point. They really commit.

I know this story is a little odd, and I've already discussed furries in a few other threads. But this was simply an interesting memory that I just now scrounged up and thought I'd share.

Anyone else have a moment like that during their youth that you've been able to re-evaluate since coming out?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back in the 90s when I had tapes from Barney and the Backyard Gang, I had the dorkest crush on the siblings (I think they were twins) Michel and Amy. That was a fun realization at four.

3. blackbird89

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was in 8th grade I had a friend that told me she was lesbian. We talked almost everyday the whole school year; at the end of the year she told me she had a crush on me. Nothing ever came of it but from that point on something clicked.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always wanted to be the male character when I played house as a kid. If my friends made me play a female character, I would get really mad and not want to play anymore.

5. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Back in 2008, I started noticing some gay feelings. But I ignored it for the most part. I was 11 when I started noticing these thoughts. In 2011, when I was 14, that is when I actually started questioning my sexuality. I do remember looking at guys and trying not to be abounded by them, though.

6. Justinian20

I would say, my oldest memory that showed me as gay, the one I can remember the best that showed I might be queer is when one of my guy friends was a really huggy person. He would give so many hugs to people and I was at point like, Maybe he wants a hug back, I caught him at assembly and when he was bent over(I was so nervous of giving him a hug,) (boys just made me so nervous) I gave him a quick hug(because I was nervous) and I didn't want people to see.

But I think some hints may have been there when I was younger. For example even though I hanged around all the boys I never truly fit in with them. Every time I tried they would make fun of me and call me weird. I think ever since the beginning maybe people knew I was a gay boy, but my parents kept sheltering me from the world, so they never go to see who I really was that's why they never knew.

#6 Justinian20, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  7. Tre

Tre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At five years old I really liked this girl. It was like she was glowing. I don't remember this, but people say I used to pull her hair. They think it's because I was jealous of a bully, but I know better.

8. Raziel00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Growing up I never saw what the attraction with girls was. When I was about 11-12 there was a boy in my class that whenever I would hang out at his place we would makeout. At the time I didn't realize this meant I was gay and no one around me acknowledged it either.

9. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only within the last year or two, since I started posting regularly on EC that I have realised how far back my same sex attraction goes. For a long time I believed it started around puberty, but as I've reflected more and more on this question, I've come to accept that the signs were there in junior school, around the age of 8 or 9. Of course, it wasn't a sexual thing back then, just a kind of admiration for some of the other boys, but it's a feeling that developed and never went away.

So in terms of time, I would say around 33 years ago.

10. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Earliest sign...I remember in second grade, I was really obsessed with lavagirl, and I was always calling her pretty and stuff.
    Or maybe the earliest sign was the way I treated this one female babysitter.

I just can't remember what came first.

11. matt4907

matt4907 Guest

I remember every time I would play video games as a kid I would always choose to be the boy character. I didn't see anything wrong with that until someone pointed out that it was a little weird that I always did that.

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The earliest definite memory was when I was in 7th grade PE. I found that I liked seeing my classmates nude in the locker room. Although I was in denial for years, thinking it was some sort of envy or admiration thing.

I was about 12 3/4 years old when I started 7th grade PE. So that's more than 30 years ago now.

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2017 at 01:06 PM ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't signs for me. I have a sense that I had some sort of feelings for other boys in late elementary school...but I don't have enough concrete memories to say for sure.

#12 BMC77, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Legitimately, at age thirteen the thought came to me rather suddenly, I feel like a gay guy trapped in a girl's body. Around fifteen years old, after experiencing none of the typical sexual desires of other teens I figured I must be ace, and that hasn't changed.

There may have been signs sooner but nothing substantial.

14. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember being attracted to boys in late elementary school and middle school when I was starting puberty, but I also remember feeling something different towards boys all the way back in kindergarten.

15. Laughsalot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had such a crush on my form teacher at secondary school. Think I must have been 12/13 at the time.

16. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First crush o a girl when I was 10

17. Ruinbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Still feel guilty for doing this.

When I was around 9 years old I posed as an emo/gothic guy on this game called Habbo. I then fell in love with this one girl and made it my personal mission to win her heart and make her my girlfriend, and that miraculously worked. A 9 year old female pretending to be a 13 year old emo boy had successfully won the heart of another 13 year old emo girl, I have no idea how that worked. I would think about her all day everyday and often imagined us being together IRL (but with me being a guy) and one day I felt guilty and decided to come clean with the truth. So I told her and she immediately unfriended me and her best friend started to cuss me out on that I.M messenger add-on and I cried LOL.

I remember her saying ''wat r u, some kind of lesbian or something?'' and I had no idea what a lesbian was, like.. oh boy.. that was horrible.

don't catfish :frowning2:

18. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's quite the story, Ruinbow.
    I'm sorry things ended up that way. But you're right, never catfish.

19. Chatshow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I was around 7 or 8 when I was always wanting to play with a kid who was a few years older than me....there was an attraction there, but nothing sexual.

#19 Chatshow, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  20. Riverhawk

Riverhawk Guest

when I was in 8th grade, I was looking up home made Aquaman costumes and a picture of a guy wearing orange body paint and short green spandex with half of his butt showing came up and I was intrigued by it. I would tell myself that it wasn't gay to look at men's butts as long as I didn't look at penises.