1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Clannad, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Clannad

Hello All,

Glad to join this site and poke about a bit in my journey.

A brief rundown of my story and why I am here:

At a young age (6) I knew I was not straight, but I liked girls also. My childhood was highly sexualized from both genders, and I grew up a little wild and had very little inhibitions. As i got to my teens it just got more wild. I started getting with guys more than girls bit still did alright for myself with the girls also. I ended up joining a church, getting married and had 1 child. but my tendencies for same sex attractions were growing stronger. I decided to tell my wife about it as I loved her and thought that she would be supportive. Unfortunately it was the opposite, and we ended up divorcing and sharing custody of my daughter.

10 years later, last year my daughter started quizzing me a lot. Dad, why are you a little bit girly? Why are not so manly? Why have you been single for the last 10 years? Are you gay?

So I decided to out myself and told her that I was bisexual. She wasn't surprised at all and took it well. We were discussing partnerships yesterday, she tells me to hurry up and get a cute boyfriend, she knows I am not going to get a girlfriend. So yesterday I came out a little more and said I was mostly gay, like 75%.

So I am here now, still thinking about stuff, taking more notice of who I am actually attracted to and who I am not, seeking a little more clarity. But I am so much the calmer and better off for coming out.

Obviously I will not be coming out to church at all, but now, it just doesn't bother me now, I am what i am, and I am free mostly of having to hide it.

Hope to read and learn a bit, and maybe add some to discussions if I think it could help.

Anyways, that wasn't really all that brief was it? LOL.

So, hello to you all.

2. CanadianRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello and welcome!

Great to hear your daughter was so accepting when you came out.

This community has been very helpful for me on my own current coming out journey and I hope it is the same for you.

3. Jolly Hermione

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi bokunopico and welcome to EC :grin:

I like your daughter, she sounds awesome. I hope you'll like it here ^^

4. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your daughter indeeds sounds super awesome ! This is an awesome forum, so I think you will enjoy : ) Welcome!

5. Clannad

Thanks, a quick update. After more consideration and self testing I realized I was indeed gay. My daughter was right. I have accepted it, and after 1 week of that, I knew it was right. I cam out to a few more people and felt a little lighter. Then I went to more gay meetup events. Then I met a nice guy. He asked me out on more dates. After that, we were getting along so well. He asked me to go steady with him, and I greed! I have a boyfriend!!!!! We had STI checks together and both clear. We are now in the middle of the first stage in a relationship, all over each other, texting 20 times a day, overnighters at each others places, OMG things are just so good now. I am fully out as gay, and i don't care who knows or sees. This is just so right!

6. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey bokunopico. That is awesome! Congratulations.

Also I agree with the others your daughter is amazing