1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

condom for blowjob?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by benz22831, Feb 24, 2017.

1. benz22831

Do you guys really use condoms for blow jobs?
    I want to practice safe sex but it sounds weird to me.
    What does it feel like getting a blowjob if you have a condom on? How does it taste or feel to you if you give it to someone with a condom on? I'm curious. :dry:

2. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think because of how tight and thin condoms are, the sensations for the receiver shouldn't be too different than going it without one on. As for the giver? I know they make flavored condoms precisely for this purpose, but you'd have to order them in if you wanted some. Store-bought ones might have mild or tasteless brands, but it may depend. You likely wouldn't want the kind with built in lubricant though, cause that would probably taste pretty nasty.

3. HojaVioleta

The risk of STI transmission is lower for blow jobs, but it still exists. Whether you choose to or not depends on you and the standards you set yourself for safe sex. There isn't safe sex and unsafe sex, there's a spectrum of risk, and you adapt your sex practice to meet what is important to you. Personally I don't use condoms for oral sex often, unless it's a situation I feel is particularly risky.

4. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would you consider a "risky" vs a "less risky" situation?

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never used a condom for oral sex. I just simply couldn't get into it and it would lose the pleasure for me as the one giving oral.

I agree that it is a matter of risk assessment, and I consider this to be low-risk generally. With that said, I would only perform oral on a penis that I have looked at and determined that I do not see anything, such as sores, bumps, rash, areas of inflammation, or anything else suspicious of a possible STI. The risk for HIV through oral is, for me, a fairly minimal risk. Asking your partner for his HIV status is a must, but of course you have to use your judgment on his telling you the truth. Finally, the overall condition of the guy and his hygiene are factors in determining risk as well.

I hope these help.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe flavored condoms can be bought in Walmart.

7. HojaVioleta

Sex work, largely. And my partner wanted to use condoms at one point, as they were concerned they'd been to risky. We stopped after we both got tested. It does affect the sensation, but it doesn't mean it isn't worth doing if you do decide to use condoms.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a smaller risk but still a risk.

If you decide to take the risk, keep an eye out for signs of herpes - you can contract both HSV1 and HSV2 through both receiving and giving oral sex.