1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies, Would you consider dating a younger woman?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Linkmaste, Feb 23, 2017.

1. 7889

2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am 26 and my girlfriend is 32. I've always had friends and dated people older than me. While this is the biggest age gap for me, it works for us. She has graduated college and has a job, and I am working on my 3rd degree in professional school. So we both have a busy schedule and enjoy just relaxing when we have time together. She understands that I study and go to class constantly, and she works a lot of hours as well. I don't like to go out every weekend, nor can I do that with all of my school work but we occasionally enjoy a night out. For the most part, we just relax and value our time together with all the pups.

3. ifemme

Hi there :icon_wink

absolutely.

4. Linkmaste

Lovely answers! I love the ones that tell me a connection can be made. Just depends on the people I suppose.

I'm going out on an actual date with this older woman and I'm kinda excited. And not just in my physcial sense (I'm kinda cursed with a high sex drive. It actually sucks). But I would love to have a conversation and not hear about pointless drama.

Regardless I'm glad everyone is open to the possibility.

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have an issue with age, especially as no one seems to ever look their age. I'm still a kid at heart and if I wasn't terrified of going out I would go clubbing.

I'm now in my 40s but still don't consider myself an adult. I would just want a woman who was mature enough to balance my immaturity but.is nerdy enough to embrace my love of Lego and comic books etc age isn't important to me. Making a connection is.

6. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 28 myself and I'm sometimes skeptic about the thought of dating a younger woman just because I feel like mentally, I'm older for my age. Absolutely no qualms about dating an older woman though.

BUT, I think it really all depends on the person. Sometimes you meet people who are young and incredibly mature, sometimes you meet people who are older and are a hot mess. I think it's worth giving them a chance and ignoring age (as long as its legal, of course).

This is a hetero example but my dad's wife is 35 and he's 57 and they couldn't be more perfect for each other. She's closer to my age than to his, but they are so well matched. So I say give everyone a chance!

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 25, as well, and I prefer older women, too. My ideal age range is 25-40, but I would consider dating someone maybe a year younger as long as they act more mature than me. I can be mature, but I am very naive and I need a partner who can protect me against people who prey on naive people. x_x

Plus, older women are sexy.

8. Bluenote

Thanks for that, "older women are sexy", Anthemic! Makes my morning. :wink:

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, you are very welcome! :wink:

10. Linkmaste

Older women have a very sexy quality-I agree.

Had a date with an older woman and I was instantly attracted. Why had I never tried this before? :lol:

11. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm older than all of you. 52. I fell for an older woman. Her being straight... and at the time I thought I was straight too! Not sure about being attracted to someone younger though. I suppose I could be and it shouldn't be an issue about age but a mutual attraction. This is a hard one for me! Looking at some of the age ranges in these posts, 15 - 20 years younger in some... if I went for someone 20 years younger then that would be the age of my oldest son! That doesn't feel right to me! But Soundofmusic said her dad and his wife are happy and that's a gap of 22 years. This defo has me thinking! If I was younger, say 40 and fell for someone 55 that would work for me... but I think because i'm older. Urmmmm

12. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok. I'm early 40s and I'm gonna go with an age range of 25-60. Not that anything's gonna happen anytime soon as I'm practically scared of my own shadow.

I guess I don't really care I just want a woman that gets me and who I can make happy.

13. JackieScut

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NerdByNature I think you are right. If someone suits then age shouldn't matter x

14. MandyLee

Depends ...if you both connect on maturity levels. I would not go too young and that to me is below 28...but I don't know ...would depend...not all 28 yr olds are the same...but not all 40 year ols are either (I am freshly 40)..we would have to have a variety of common ground. :slight_smile:

15. Cocolo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not your demographic (55) but I wouldn't go any younger than 10 years younger if I were to consider dating.

16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it's all about interpersonal chemistry and emotions.

If I was looking for a partner, sure, I'd be looking most closely at people within 5 years of me. But the fact is that I fall in love with people...or I get close to people...and I find *lots* of people attractive. If I find myself getting close to a person, or falling in love with them, there is *no way* that I am going to let the age difference between us be some kind of artificial barrier.

As others have pointed out, there are already some natural barriers to developing a relationship with someone in their 20s...for instance, how would we meet? I doubt you go to the kinds of places I go. Would you tire of my endless references to cartoons I grew up with from the 70s, or 80s music references, or my opinions of how 90s politics impacts today's politics? My taste in wine and Scotch would likely be offputting to many in their 20s. The fact that I don't check my phone continually would probably also be disturbing. But if these things weren't a problem for you, then again, age isn't a deal killer for me.

17. TransParkie

I agree biAnnika;
    I'm currently 57, and my wife is four years younger, and my G/F is almost ten. Although my dating range has always been +/- 25ish years........... BTW? Yes, we are poly...
    so no worries........... Although as mentioned in other posts.... LOVE ( your soul/heart) knows no age.... So always, go with what your heart tell you............

Michelle

#37 TransParkie, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
  18. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On my dating profile I have 25-35. I'm 29. I usually date within a few years of my age, but it all depends on the person, the connection & maturity level. I have a son & would like more children in the future so I would want someone ready to settle down & be in that same place with me. I wouldn't dismiss someone solely based on their age, but we would need to have similar values to have a successful relationship.