1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwanted Erection

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sonic1337111, Feb 20, 2017.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I keep getting an erection when i'm just minding my own business doing something like listening to music or laughing at something funny and it really annoys so if anyone knows why it happens and if there are any ways to prevent it then that would really be helpful.

2. kenn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you thinking about a particular person when it happens

3. FluffyLightFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, as far as I know, it's natural and normal, and doesn't necessarily mean you're aroused. For some reason, people with a penis (generalize to males if you wish) experience that because of hormones, blood pressure, relaxed state of mind, etc. As for preventing it? Well unless you have some testosterone blocking medicine or something to stress/hurt you (don't ask how I know that it works), it's gonna happen from time to time. You just gotta ignore it or deal with it. Thankfully it won't happen as often when you're older.
    It's natural, it's normal, and it usually goes away after a few minutes (if it doesn't though, well then there might be an issue).

4. kenn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If it last kore then a couple hours you should ask a doctor

5. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it happens during something funny i'm usually thinking "Holy crap this is really funny"

6. smurf

Sadly, its just part of going through puberty. Annoying and random boners are just a thing you have to get used to dealing with.

Wearing certain clothing like tighter underwear helps. I used to carry a messenger bag and used that to walk around when it happened.

7. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are 16 it just happens all the time at that age. Don't worry about it, its less noticeable than you think.

The worst is when you have to stand in front of the clsas and you happen to have one at the time LOL.

8. SHIELDAgentAlex

It happens to the best of us, dude. Just don't think about it, or think of ice cubes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it'll go down.

9. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sonic, Someday you might wish it would happen more often! Just an old guys thoughts! Your problem has never ever happened:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: to me.

Dean

10. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when I went through that period. Granted I don't think the issue ever stopped in my case (not for anything clinical, its just a quirk of my overactive libido), I've just learned to buy clothing that allows for it to happen with the least amount of discomfort.

I always thought getting erections at random intervals all day long was a unique experience for me. But I'm sure plenty of people deal with it, they all just hide it really well like I did, so I never noticed anyone else having a problem. And no. We're not talking about constant perpetual erections. This is an "on-and-off, on-and-off" sort of thing.

There is something you can try in order to prevent it from going completely erect. When ever you start to feel it expanding, center your mind, and focus on the sensation. Then slowly begin to imagine it shrinking while breathing in and out in controlled breaths. This won't always work, so don't feel discouraged when it doesn't. But it can help if you need it.

Best thing to do for most of the time is to start buying pants and underwear with a loose crotch area--almost all types of pants and shorts will have a style that can accommodate, you'll simply have to do a lot more fitting tests than you may be used to--and learn to expect an erection at any given moment. You could get one because of a rise in your dopamine levels (i.e. you're extremely happy or laughing quite a bit). You could get one when you look at someone that you find attractive. You'd of course get one any time your mind goes into the gutter. And you could also get one if other muscles in your lower digestive system are pinching or stretching. Since all of the muscles and blood are interconnected and concentrated down there, something happening to any or all of those lower organs, I've discovered, can affect what is happening to both your bladder, and your penis.

#10 MisterMissy, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you get older and it doesn't go up as often as it used to, you'll miss those days. It's perfectly normal to get random boners when you're 16.

12. christophzurich

Same for me, mate

13. James23367

Happens to all teen males and yes you learn to turn away to hide the bulge.