1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gaylor, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG. That is like the sweetest thing.

2. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

It first entered my mind when I was 13 that I might be a lesbian. I suppressed all those thoughts for 4 yrs. Finally accepted that I was gay when i was about 17/18

3. clocky

Hmmm... I probably realized that I wasn't just attracted to men when I was 11. A few months ago, I realized that I wasn't sure about my gender. When I was really little, I used to come up with characters every day and be them, although they were ALWAYS the opposite gender (male). My mom thought that it was just my awesome imagination, which might be true because I am an actress now and a writer and love coming up with characters for fun. I didn't think that it could be anything else until I was 10, and then I thought I was trans, which I know I'm not. I constantly think about wanting to have a sex change, but then I regret it, and I might be gender fluid, but I don't know... Sorry that was WAAAYYY too long..

4. Jay84

Jay84 Guest

I don't really know I've always known in some way I was attracted to guys. But probably around 17, 18 or 19 I really started to question my sexuality.

5. Jeanne Marie

I was able to come to the conclusion that I am bigender rather than transgender, as I had previously thought, after about a year of meditation. In that process I started to notice changes in my personality when my gender switches between male and female. In short, I knew that my gender identity felt right when I accepted my bigenderedness.

In regards to sexuality, I have always been attracted to women, so my sexuality does not change when my gender switches from male to female and vice versa. What struck me the most about that is that techncially when I am female that could mean that I'd be labelled as a lesbian, though I'm not sure about whether this is as reasonable as I am biologically male.

6. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I think I sort of always knew that I liked girls way more than I should.
    I grew up in a very accepting and open family. I think that really helped with just gradually realizing how I felt.

The more complicated part was figuring out if I liked boys too and later on endlessly questioning whether I was trans or not.

7. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I realized a while after I started liking people. I was confused as hell and couldn't figure out if I was gay or straight and eventually I realized bisexuality is a thing

8. Justinian20

For me, it was definitely later on I realized I was gay as when I left school, I took two years off before I went to college. Those two years were a way for me to explore myself, I started to question my sexuality as I had never had a single dream or fantasy about women. I realized through plenty of actions in the past that I was gay.

What really happened was that my high school classmates judged me every time I did something that came naturally for me. Hugging a guy because I thought he would feel lonely and wanted a hug back from me. Being made speechless by a guy, I couldn't even say hi, and I wanted to be really close to him (almost his boyfriend), Being rejected, it hurt so much and put me into a depression that made me have suicidal thoughts because I thought no one cared about me especially the guy who I liked.

9. analogue

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I only started to question my sexuality about a year and a half ago. When I think back to my childhood though, I can see that there were signs that I may have been interested in females as well. This is how I would put it: I know that I could always appreciate an attractive female, although I didn't think that I could be anything other than straight.
    From a relatively young age, I knew that people could be gay/or queer, but I didn't ever think that that could apply to me. I thought my only option was "I'd end up with a male." It wasn't until my friend started going out with someone that I realized I was jealous. I labelled it as "friend jealousy" -- she started to spend more time with her gf than with me -- but I didn't realize that the jealousy I was feeling was because I wanted to be with her. I fully accepted my being bi about 4 months after I came out for the first time.

10. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I figured out that I wasn't straight at around when I was 11 or 12 but didn't actually come out as a lesbian until I was a freshman in high school. Then, I didn't really accept it and become comfortable with myself until my sophomore year of college when I joined a frat and had to come out to a whole new group of people.

11. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    13 but in denial
    15 but iffy
    18-19 knowing for sure

12. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    oh around 10 - 12 I new I was different.

Only took 30 years to be able to put my mane and gay/bi in the same sentence. It is still a work in progress.

Dean

13. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well, I noticed I find men more appealing when I was about 12 or whatever. at first I had a thought that I might be gay, but something was 'not right' because I didn't want sex with anyone and I wasn't in love until the age of 23. in the meantime, I learnt about asexuality and various romantic orientations, and so I came to the conclusion that I must be an aromantic asexual. then I've fallen in love for the first time. then, for the second time. and I guess demi-homoromantic asexual is what I actually am.

14. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one made me think. Back then (when i was around 12/13 and thought I'd may be a bisexual girl*) sex was never one of my fantasies. At first I thought this is normal because come on I was 12, and I have to say I thought so till now. But over all those years, even when I was in a relationship I never thought about having sex with anyone, not with my girlfriend, not with celebrities or anyone else. I started questioning if I even knew what love was. Like I didn't (and still don't) get the difference between two close friends and a couple. It seemed like the only difference was having sex, and cause I didn't want sex, why should I be in a relationship? To make it short: Seems like I'm still confused and don't know which romantic (and may even sexual) orientation I've got. But I claim to be panromantic asexual cause I know aesthetic attraction which isn't based on one gender.