1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Flynn resigns as Trump’s national security adviser

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Sinopaa, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    “Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the vice president-elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the president and the vice president, and they have accepted my apology,” Mr. Flynn said in a resignation letter released by the White House.

Michael Flynn resigns as Trump's national security adviser - Washington Times

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now if Trump, Pence, and their entire cabinet could resign that would be great.

3. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would this leave us with?

4. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Up next in line would be Speaker of the House of Rep Paul Ryan. :frowning2: Seems nothing can stop this awful train from derailing. :bang:

#4 Sinopaa, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  5. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really dont understand American politics ! Ugh.... is this a sign of the thing falling apart ? Which sounds good...but then Sinopaa says..Paul Ryan....? Arggggg!!!

I love this though: "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." - Dalai Lama

I totally agree :slight_smile:

6. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This feels like Orwell's era or smthn

7. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel bad TalkaWalka; I live here and it still doesn't make much sense. They purposely teach us the bare minimum of how our government works and stuff the rest into pay-to-learn college electives. :\

8. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks Sinopaa : ) That is something that is got to change! The system should change anyway (but thats a bit of an out there topic at the moment I guess). One person should not have so much power. Or a different dividing of power or something. But what do I know...

I hope it is going to be okay , the nice thing to see though is all the opposition he gets from within and outside. I hope he keeps getting it.

9. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    #9 KyleD, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  10. Psaurus918

Hope

11. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so confused about what is going on right now too.

12. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kellogg's, the breakfast cereal!

Keith Kellogg.

13. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    and with that , say goodbye to medicare , medicaid , and social security if hes ever moved in as president . He is basically worse than pence to me .

But with flynn , why the hell was he put on the administration with so much evidence against is the main question . I am happy that he resign , but it proves that congress is more of a joke than it usually is .

14. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It might be because his position didn't require Congressional or Senate approval, like the other cabinet positions. Perhaps that should change.

As far as Trump knowing about "the call", a lot of people knew about a call, just not what exactly was discussed. The former AG has said she informed Trump there might be problems with the call before Flynn was hired, but she didn't go so far as to say she actually played the recorded conversation proving that he was lying. In other words, what exactly did Trump and Pence know, and when did they know it? That's why it needs to be independently investigated. hopefully by people without a strong agenda either way, and the results of the investigation released to be public. Meanwhile Trump is complaining about all the intelligence leaks. :frowning2:

There was a documentary on TV recently, playing the recordings of Nixon sabotaging the Paris peace talks, and his lying to LBJ about it. Nixon didn't want the peace talks to succeed simply because he was worried his opponent in the presidential election (LBJ's vice president) would get the political credit. LBJ knew he was lying, because the US government had recorded the calls, but LBJ didn't want to go public with the espionage. So meanwhile, the war dragged on another 5 years, costing many lives on both sides, military and civilian. :frowning2: If someone in the intelligence community would've had a conscience and followed it back then it might've been a good thing.

15. Linkmaste

Ralph Wiggiums, Joe Exoitic, and myself of course.

I would instate mandatory Chocolate milk fridays, and lines to the DMV be reduced.

But all seriousness, this is insane. NO OTHER PRESIDENT would get away with this much uncertainty, unqualified, and unprofessional administration.

At this point I don't even care about the executive orders that the orange cheeto is signing because at least he is coming through what he promised. That's not my biggest issue. The fact that no one in the administrator can get their shit together and the American people are just shrugging it is making me baffled.

Why isn't this admin being penalized for all of this and have lost complete faith in the system? Why hasn't anyone been impeached or some kind of revote or some kind of accountability to this administration.

This isn't high school drama or college elections. This is a freaking country that has a lot of power.

Oh and that jerk on the podium said our Prime Minister's name wrong. It's not Joe-It's Justin- JUSTIN and he's freaking beautiful.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I got some handing out chocolate milk to do.

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trump's first replacement choice might've been an excellent one, but he was smart enough to turn Trump down. :lol: The next guy under consideration is still under probation for sharing classified information, (not making this up :frowning2: )
    so Keith Kellogg is a likely choice now. He seems like a good choice, however,

Harward, Petraeus, Kellogg: Meet potential Flynn replacements - CNNPolitics.com

If this is where Trump is getting his foreign policy ideas from, that's bad. Of course he's just an advisor, and perhaps Trump isn't listening to his advice. He certainly has a history of not listening to the advice of others anyway.