1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PrinceVegeta, Feb 9, 2017.

1. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yeah.. This is actually kind of awkward but I have been thinking about it a lot recently...
    I don't really have a .. umm. "chest", but I was thinking about how maybe I would need some kind of surgery there.. or if/once I take T if maybe that area will actually tighten and look more masculine? I'm not even sure and I feel super awkward and embarrassed asking this, since there's no real breasts there - but what is there is kind of feminine looking and soft-ish around that area and I don't know how well T would affect the area? I don't even know if I should post a picture or not since technically I am pre-everything, so even though I am mentally male I am physically still female.. so a shirtless picture would be obscene maybe? idk maybe I'm thinking too much.

2. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I could help you but I don't know much about these kinda things. Correct me if I'm wrong, in high school my best (female) friend had a really flat chest (and was often teased because every other girl in class had a way bigger chest) but you could still see that she's a girl, do you mean it like that? Maybe there is like a clothing thing for these kinda things?

3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, people don't mistake me for a girl.. but I notice the femininity in it when I take my shirt off and I don't know if that might change if I take T or if perhaps it was too wishful of thinking that T could fix it and that maybe I would need top surgery. It's not something I want clothes to hide forever since I want to feel good about my body.

#3 PrinceVegeta, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Overthinking might be a part of it too. Thinking too much of what others think and being self contious about your body. Maybe talk to a doctor about it and get a second opinion from someone who knows about these kind of things. <3 stay strong

5. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I don't care what others think. It's how I view myself. I don't feel masculine enough in that area. I guess it's something about body dysphoria that not everyone understands. It's because even though it's flat, I still see the femininity in the chest area and that makes me uncomfortable. The look of it displeases me. I want to be able to look at my own chest and feel comfortable about it. It isn't quite what I think about what others see, if you understand? I suppose I could be asking a medical professional, but I would of thought the people here may know about this kind of stuff here, especially the other trans. It's why I took the courage making this thread.

6. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, I understand now, sorry I couldn't help you well enough.

7. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fine. Your heart and intentions were in the right place, so thank you.

#7 PrinceVegeta, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not just about size but also about nipple size and placement. I had a transmasc friend who had very small breasts and never needed to bind but still got peri.

That being said, T in conjunction with weightlifting might be enough to make you feel okay with what you have. Watch this https://youtu.be/_cxm7a5Hm2s

Ty Turner had Bs pre T. I think he still wants Top surgery at some point though.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Patrick said.

T redistributes your body fat and so can lessen the femininity of your chest, but it doesn't completely get rid of what is there. If anything having a smaller chest from the start will help with binding and also makes peri a good option for top surgery.

10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

The nipples might still be too big.

11. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost forgot to consider the nipples. Thanks you guys.. I guess it really was wishful thinking that I wouldn't need some kind of chest surgery

12. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not impossible. If your chest is really small and some fat moves when you're on T, it could pass as a cis male chest. The fact is, some cis men have puffy/protruding nipples. It's not a trait guys like to have, but it's not terribly abnormal. If you think your nipples would still make you dysphoric, you'd need top surgery, but if at that point it was only an issue of whether or not you could pass while shirtless (assuming your chest ended up flat enough to eliminate dysphoria), I don't think it would be an issue.

13. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTxB7Qvs6S5q6QIG9ZO6xw

I'm a little late to the thread, but I just remembered this youtuber I used to watch. This guy initially didn't want top surgery because he had a very small chest, but ended up having keyhole just to make his chest more masculine and do some reshaping and things like that, so I think his situation might be similar to yours. I couldn't find the specific video where he talks about it, but you might want to watch some of his top surgery videos. Hope that helps :slight_smile: