1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News American Family Association is upset that Neil Gorsuch attends a liberal church

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by backdrop, Feb 8, 2017.

1. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sucks for them.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he may be a decent guy in his private life but his actual judicial opinions are SCARY. The assenting opinion he wrote in the Hobby Lobby case with his whole notion of protecting religious people from complicity in the perceived sins of others is truly troubling and makes it pretty clear that if the First Amendment Defense Act is passed he would rule in its favor. Also it makes it exceedingly likely that he would think any anti-discrimination law that included LGBT people would be unconstitutional. The AFA may have wanted someone even more lunatic fringe but he's plenty scary.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's not center or center left at all. He's a staunch conservative. He really is a lot like Scalia. His conservative rulings don't come so much from his personal beliefs (obviously they will play a role though). He just believes in a very strict interpretation of the constitution. This essentially does give some leeway for some (not many) liberal rulings, but only if it's very easily supported by the constitution.

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised by him attending a liberal church.

#4 Skaros, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I heard about this a few days ago. I mean is he going to be banned? If he wants to attend a liberal church despite being conservative that's fine. I don't have faith it'll change his stances but hopefully he's a decent guy. We need more politicians from different lines to show diplomacy amongst each other.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I have to agree, here. What's truly scary is the number of cases where gay people might be denied rights in the name of 'religious freedom'.

Even if the gay marriage ruling isn't overturned, I see it being chipped away at under Trump and his cronies: And more than chipped away at, even hacked away at. I think there's a case in Texas dealing with weather companies have to offer health benefits to same sex married couples, or, if, they can have policies that only offer benefits to opposite-sex couples. It's issues like these that really frighten me, and could be undone, despite that vulgar, talking yam's vague reassurances that he's not going to 'undo' Obama era gay right...appointments like Gorsuch and Sessions are clear indications he could care less.