1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye-Opening Story for Dog Owners

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Xemptor90, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Xemptor90

Xemptor90 Guest

I had an incident yesterday where I was walking from the cafeteria towards my dorm with my boxed breakfast and I saw a lady strolling as well yelling something as if she's talking to someone across from me, but I didn't know who it was. Later, my conscious tells me to turn around only to see a big black dog right behind me! I literally ran for my life and the dog started chasing me. I screamed from the rooftop while running. Later, that same lady before attempted to apologize. She told me that the dog was pursuing me because of my food. I tried to be civil during our conversation but in my mind, I said "Bitch, if you know that your dog loves chasing people after their food, this should even give you more of a reason to leash that bastard!") I had to tell her that I wasn't used to dogs or any furry domesticated animals. I came in my dorm only to find my clothes (jacket and jeans) messed up, shoes sticky. (I had a waffle with syrup and fruit in my box). This is very important because if anything worse had happened, I may have been tempted to sue the owner.
    So to all the dog owners out there when you're walking public with your dog in public please leash your dog. I don't give a dam how friendly you're dog is. I don't know your dog and also animals can unpredictable sometimes no matter how nice they appear to be. If you don't want to something like this or worse to happen, please follow this piece of advice. Thanks.

2. SiKiHe

I wish more places enforced leash laws for stuff like this. Anytime I see unleashed dogs all I can think is "It's going to run away from you one day. What happens if a car hits it? how can you feel comfortable as a pet owner not leashing your dog"

Any dogs I've had in the past had leashes on walks, and collars even when at home. The only place the leash comes off is in the house or at a dog park, and the collar can stay comfortably loose but tight enough it wont slip off, and only comes off for baths.

I miss having a dog now :/

3. LuciferMorningstar

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is exactly the reason why our dogs are always on a leash. There is that bitch that tells us to let that "poor" sogs off the leash, my mom usually yells at her:"Shut up you *swiss german word that's like a bit nicer than bitch*".

4. HuskyLover

I know exactly how you feel. When I was a child I got chased by a big rottweiler and I've never been as scared as that time (they later put it down because it had psychological issues).

It doesn't matter if your dog is friendly or not. If a dog afraid person sees your dog approaching them, they're going to get scared. People don't know if your dog is friendly or not, and if a big beast is running towards you of course you're going to be terrified! Even if the owner told you that their dog was friendly, why would you trust them on that?

If you don't want your dog leashed then go to some dog park or something. Otherwise you better be prepared to get sued hard.

#4 HuskyLover, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  5. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree. My little brother is scared of dogs, and there's really no reason why people can't put their dog on a lead in public, to make things better for everyone.

6. Shadowgirl37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am fine with unleashed service dogs, as they are trained to stay withing a few feet of their owner. Coming from a dog owner, I believe pets should always be leashed, even if "he has never chased or bitten anyone ever". Pets are not trained enough to be in places with lots of people and food, and other dogs not on a leash