1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In memory of Club Penguin.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Canterpiece, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, as many of you have probably heard- Disney is shutting down Club Penguin (the web version) and moving on to mobile devices. I feel quite sad that they're shutting it down since I've spent many years on the site myself and admittedly I sometimes feel like Club Penguin raised me more than my parents did sometimes. :lol: I used to be obsessed with it when I was younger, it used to be the place that you'd meet your friends online from school straight after you got home and you'd go sled racing together and play find four.

The site will always hold a place in my heart, even when it's taken down this March it will still live on to me. So, did anyone here use Club Penguin? What was your penguin like? Were you a member? What was your favourite mini-game? :icon_sad:

#1 Canterpiece, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to love Club Penguin, and I'm actually planning on getting the app. My penguin was dark blue, and I don't remember how I used to dress but I was a member, so I wore a bunch of different stuff I guess. My favorite mini-game was the one where you would type all of the words in the book, I'm noe a very fast typer and I think that game is why. I sort of miss playing it, honestly.

3. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I loved it when I was younger, really strange how they're making it into an app - that means a lot of people won't have access. Not sure why they didn't keep both?
    I was Rosemary1997. I was a member almost since it started and I was big on collecting the clothing and pins :slight_smile: My dad bought me membership, was a lot of fun dressing up - but as I grew up it wasn't as interesting to me anymore.

4. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in primary school you were either team Club Penguin or team Moshi Monsters, and I was Club Penguin. I was a member for a while but then my parents couldn't afford to keep paying for it and I got a bit bored. My biggest achievement was becoming a water ninja. Happy days.

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never answered my own questions, did I? Let's correct that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My penguin had a rude name that I didn't realise was rude at the time, I thought the symbols just meant innocent kisses but it turned out they stood for something a bit more well...explicit in slang terms. :eusa_doh: Lol, poor innocent 8 year old me. You done goofed younger me.

I wasn't a member, but some of my friends were. My favourite mini game...hmm...I liked playing the classic missions, card Jitsu (Especially the fire one, and the snow one) Go fishing, sled racing and that pizza game. My least favourite games were cart surfer and that submarine one at the iceberg.

I'd say my favourite game was Card Jitsu snow and particularly the battling Tusk section. In fact, this thread has kind of made me want to play that now. :lol: I suppose I could, after all the web version of Club Penguin isn't shut down until 26th March this year, so I could always go back on for old times sake and play some of the games I slightly miss. Pft, don't judge me. :icon_redf

6. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Correction: 29th March this year.

7. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to love Club Penguin when I was younger, and it also saddens me a lot that it is going down! :frowning2: My penguin was called "Freedgy" and I was a member. I LOVED trying all of the mini games (especially cart surfer and aqua grabber), and I had many puffles. So many nice memories that I will never forget...

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could never really get the hang of Aqua Grabber personally. I forgot the name of it in my previous post so I just said "that submarine game at the iceberg". :lol: Speaking of water based games, Hydro Hopper and Catching waves were always quite fun. :slight_smile:

9. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, club penguin. The good days. I will admit sometimes I do go back to club penguin and play around (poptropica too), so I'll definitely miss it. I never had membership so I always just had a normal blue penguin and a rainbow puffle, and my favorite minigame was either puffle ranch (i think that's what it was called?) or the pizza thing.

10. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Man, I wish they could just have their new one(which tbh looks horrible)and the old one. I didn't find out until friday when me and a couple of my friends went on it, since we ran out of ideas. I would love to play it just one last time, but I forgot my password:frowning2:
    But yea, I had a membership several times, I mean I put a lot of my money into that game! My favourite game was probably the dojo(what was it called? Cardjitsu or something?) I had all the puffles, poorly named, but still all of them! RIP Club Penguin, and I'm going to find my password now

11. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember playing it before Disney bought it out. I thought it was SO much better, until Disney made it "cutesy", nevertheless I am going to miss it. I remember begged my mom to let me get full membership, I only had it for a few months, but it was still really fun dressing up my penguin in suits and ties. I preferred to keep my penguin black or dark blue. My favourite game was Cart Surfer, I could get so many coins in such little time, I also liked Sled Racing, I knew exactly which path to take to avoid the logs and boost with the ice patches.

12. Wolfwing

(Sadly plays the saddest song ever played on bagpipes)

13. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But if you never had a membership, how did you have a rainbow puffle? :eek: :eusa_thin

---------- Post added 13th Feb 2017 at 12:31 PM ----------

Please, anything but bagpipes! I hate the sound of bagpipes, and whistles too. *shiver* :icon_sad: