1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate (yet love) being gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by confuseduser99, Feb 3, 2017.

1. confuseduser99

I'll be 100% honest, I hate being gay, while at the same time, loving it. I know, confusing and contradictory.

The reasons why I hate being gay are tenfold. For one, our pool of potential mates is significantly smaller than straight people. Furthermore, I find that most gay men my age (early 20s) are not into relationships, but just simply sex. I want more than that. I have several straight friends who are in relationships, yet I can't seem to find anyone interested in a relationship (but tons down for sex). Also, as a gay man of colour in Canada, I find that I'm on the "bottom of the food chain" so to speak.

Yet, I love being gay at the same time. Homosexual relationships are just so much better. Guy on guy action is also, well, exciting.

Anyway, rant over. I hate how society has conditioned many, including fellow gays, to "dislike" ourselves.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

2. backdrop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In terms of 20 somethings , that encompasses all sexuality and not just the LGBT . alot of young people are in a phase where they need to explore thieir possibilities until they settle down to the point of marriage / seriousness / etc.

I hate being gay because I feel like society hates us as a whole because of religious differences and that we are different .

I like being gay tho because we have gotten so much rights and freedoms that past LGBT individuals never got . People in the old days could not do what we do like kiss , sex , etc. This in some way gives me more pride for my sexuality than ever.

I hope you find your other and I wish you the best of luck . There are alot of fishes in the sea and that " one " guy is going to be awesome ^.^

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have love/hate feelings about being gay.

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I don't like the community and all that it entails at times, particularly when people think that being LGBT means you should have certain views. I also don't like it if people view a relationship differently solely because it is a homosexual one.

I like being in love. That's the best part for me.

5. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate being gay as it's caused me nothing but hurt and depression. I came out 12 years ago and I was mislead to believing it would get better. Now I am back in my home country and back in the closet. I am not part of the community here ... it's just weird for me. I am the only one of my friends who is single (my friends are all women btw which is cool). One of my online friends recently married his partner. I spiraled... :frowning2:

Music makes me happy! I usually dive into music and work to avoid thinking about being gay.

*Sorry, not the most cheerful of posts.

6. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't hate being gay, but I don't love it either. I see it as a part of myself that I am okay with. It has it's pro's and cons, and being straight would probably be easier, but I am fine with it.

Yeah, this can annoy me a lot, too. I recently experienced this myself and I was very annoyed by it. It just annoys me in general when people think that 'because you're X, you must be Y and think this way about Z'.

7. Mrcake

I feel sort of ashamed for being gay.. I haven't really fully accepted myself. I feel the same feeling though about people not wanting to pursue relationships - it's quite annoying. I definitely am trying to meet people and everyone just wants to fuck and not have a relationship.

There also is the pride aspect of being gay as well. I love being around my gays. I feel at home with my gays..

8. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is the part I don't like too.

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2017 at 06:52 PM ----------

I felt this way for a long long time. So much I suppressed the fact I was gay. Even when I came here I was denial for a long time.

This may sound weird, but I slowly started to not only accept it, but to be, it became a beautiful part of myself. I don't know why I wanted to use the word beautiful but it just started to pop into my head: being gay is beautiful. I guess it's because I realized it was the only way I could really experience and express intimacy was with a man.

9. Mrcake

That's a nice way of putting it. I'm getting there slowly! I have to come out to my family still and then maybe I'll feel more comfortable expressing myself more. I feel suppressed. I feel annoyed that I can't come out to them yet for fear of being ostracized.

10. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    To answer your answer, I would have to say yes. I consider myself to be bisexual (or confused) to a certain degree. Sometimes, I "hate" or dislike being bisexual because it is harder to be with the opposite sex, since I'm a guy. Plus, there's a double standard for bisexuals. Females get a lot of praise and support for being bisexual, while guys get a lot of crap for being bisexual. Plus, a lot of people think that bisexuality is not real so that adds to some of the problems with being bisexual.

On the other hand, I love it for the most part. There is something unique about being attracted to both genders.

In terms of your sexuality, I think you should accept yourself. But it may take time.

#10 Ljjgreat2017, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017