1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first kiss with a guy

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jacob D, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Update: He kissed me again last night and I kissed him back. Still nothing. No spark, no magic, no chemistry. Brandon knows this because I told him and yet he seems fine but I don't feel fine. I feel I failed. I have no answers. I thought for sure that kissing another guy would reveal to me my sexual orientation. It didn't. This journey of mine is not giving me the answers I need. It's frustrating to not know anymore what I am. Am I gay? Am I straight? Seems like I will never know.

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of "spark" or "magic". It seems like you've built up these things in your mind like some Disney movie where fireworks should be going off when you finally kiss the guy.

Forget the sparks and magic, does it feel good? Do you like kissing him?

For me, when I'm kissing a guy, it usually leads to more passionate kissing and making out. A kiss is just a kiss. It doesn't have to be some magical thing, and it hasn't been for me. I do enjoy kissing a guy, though, and often it leads to more. So, my question, Jacob, is when you kiss him, do you enjoy it enough to be more passionate in your kissing and a broader making out session?

I just think you're putting too much pressure on a kiss, that it needs to "mean something" or be so fantastic and magical or else the whole thing fails.

Maybe try to take the kissing to a higher level and go for making out. For me, that's where the passion really begins.

3. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spark and magic as in some type of passion. I'm not talking about full out passion, I'm talking about at least a little bit of passion. Fireworks, which is real chemistry between 2 people, is supposed to involve at least a little bit of passion and should be setting off at least a little bit of fireworks of some type of emotions when you finally kiss the guy for several minutes. It didn't happen yet it always happened when I kissed a girl for several minutes. When kissing a girl regardless if it's a minute or two minutes, I feel something and it's special. Although Brandon is a good kisser, it doesn't feel special. It feels okay kissing him but I don't think I enjoy it much.

I love kissing and always have. Whether it's a simple basic kiss or french kissing, I love it. I'm a kisser and very much into kissing. As for your main question, when I kiss him do I enjoy it enough to be more passionate in my kissing and a broader making out session? I'm not sure. I don't think I enjoy kissing him much. I also don't know about a make out session with him either. I want to be open minded to anything though so I really don't have any answers for you at the moment. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself over the two kisses. I don't know.

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Jacob!!! From my point of view...I think that you are putting too much pressure on yourself especially just over two kisses. I also tend to believe that is not enough time to come to any kind of conclusions on the matter as a whole. Furthermore, in my opinion...its too soon to be thinking of what the future may hold in regards to whether you and Brandon's friendship will advance to a make out session. The way I see it...you are still in the "baby steps" moments. When I say "baby steps"...this is me saying to give it time and let things happen in its own course if its meant to happen. Too soon to rule anything out right now. Also, I could be wrong but I still believe that although you have taken another attempt at kissing Brandon that you are also still be somewhat apprehensive in regards to taking it all in openly without any doubts, fears, anxiety, etc. I believe that once you come to terms with it all by knowing within yourself that you are going in full on and embracing the experience...this is when you will know for sure the effects that engaging yourself in this situation will have on you honestly.

I can remember when I had my first encounter with a gay man which consist of kissing, holding me and grinding up against me. Even though this may sound like a simple process...however, it was not. I was scared to death and full of apprehension and anxiety inside because I had been with females all of my teenage years. Once I came to terms of open my mind and my heart to embracing the situation as a whole..this is when for me...I had started to feel emotions, etc. that I was supposed to be feeling with a guy and not just with a female. Nonetheless...it took some time and did not happen overnight. Just sayin'....I am still proud of you for taking the steps and the direction you are taking with this...JS:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jacob,

I agree with the other posts about putting to much pressure on yourself. But as always I have another perspective for you.

You know you can and do get excited with Brandon. You have had sex with him to completion. So arousal is not the issue here. Yes, I think the pressure/expectation is a big issue, but there's also whether your mind admits it or not the inescapable denial those of us have when learning to accept who we are. Denial isn't always in the mind, out in the open. Many times it hides itself just for the simple reason that it can lie in wait and confound any attempt we make at acknowledging the truth.

So, just because you say you are ready to accept, don't underestimate the power of denial. You have come very far in a very short period of time. The difference between what you feel when kissing a girl and with Brandon could be simply caused by heartfelt denial no matter how ready you want to be.

Have you ever had sex with an unattractive girl or a girl you really weren't that interested in? If so were you able to fake it to the point she thought you were into her?
    You may have to do that with Brandon to overpower the seed of denial. It's kind of allowing the mind to control the feeling to get to the real feeling.

The only other way I see getting past it is to check with a different guy to see if it is just an issue with Brandon being to close of a friend or if there really is no connection with guys. I really don't see that as the issue though because of the previous sex as mentioned.

6. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi JonSomebody. I know you're right about me putting too much pressure on myself. I also agree with you that the 2 kisses is not enough for me to get any type of conclusion for myself. More time is needed and I have to let things happen in its own time and not try to rush it. I will work on this. Thank you for being proud of me and for your support and encouragement.

Hi Bunnydee. Thank you for your perspective on this. I haven't had sex to completion with Brandon. He has given me oral sex (which I enjoy) and I've jerked him off (not exciting for me). He wants me to try doing anal sex on him but I'm not comfortable with that. I agree with you that the pressure/expectation I'm putting on myself to find answers is a big issue and I need to stop doing that. I have no idea if I'm in denial or not but you bring up a very good point. You might be right that I'm in denial and I'm unaware of it. I could in fact be gay and in denial and I could be oblivious to it. At the same time I could be straight but confused. I really don't know. Maybe it's the heartfelt denial you speak of that's not letting me feel what I should feel when kissing Brandon. But no I've never had sex with an unattractive girl. I'm very picky when it comes to girls and they must be attractive and interesting to me. I could never fake being into a girl. That's just not who I am. I don't think I could ever fake it with Brandon either but I do understand what you mean by suggesting this. If doing this will help me to overpower the seed of denial, well then I need to think about that seriously and possibly consider it. As for checking it out with a different guy to see if it's just an issue with Brandon being too close to me, that would be pointless. I have absolutely no other connection like this with any other guy. I'm not physically or sexually attracted to guys and never have been. I don't look at guys sexually, I don't think about guys, and I don't dream or fantasize about guys either. I'm not physically or sexually attracted to Brandon but I do feel a bond and a connection to him. It's a bond and a connection I don't fully understand. I know this will sound crazy to you but I believe that Brandon is the only guy I will ever feel this connection and bond with. I do not believe I will ever experience this with any other men. I know that Brandon is the one and only case. I just know it. I realize this sounds crazy or weird or strange but it's something I really believe is true.

7. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First, let me say with all sincerity- you are not weird, the situation is not weird. I have known friends in the same predicament as you, and read about others. It kinda like finding your true 'soul mate' connection just in the wrong body than expected. I apologize for my initial statement. I either forgot that you had not gone all the way with Brandon, or overlooked it.

Knowing that and what you have posted above. This could truly be just the once in a lifetime connection and you are not gay at all. I would honestly think by now with how willing you are to determine if you are gay, you would be finding other guys attractive.

My new suggestion would be to cool it with the testing phase and just get back to a more normal stance between the two of you. Stop putting the pressure on yourself to figure it out, forget about it all for a while and just relax. Live life and enjoy. If anything does happen to where you feel attracted to him to go further, then you can allow it if you choose. Otherwise I would get back to the two of you how you were before questioning.

8. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Bunnydee. I'm glad that my situation is not a weird one and that others have been in this same kind of predicament. Feels good to know this. You said it best when you referred to it as finding your soulmate but in the wrong body. That is how it feels to me. It feels like I found my true soulmate in Brandon who is a guy and not a girl which is rather confusing to me. But this is how it feels and I think this is the connection and the bond I keep experiencing with him. I really believe this to be a once in a life time experience for me. It absolutely feels like I met my soulmate but in the wrong body. I recognize this and fully admit it now. But cooling it on the testing phase and getting back to a more normal stance is a good idea. Putting pressure on myself to figure things out or to get quick answers isn't doing me any good. I'm going to relax and live my life and not worry anymore over my sexual orientation.

9. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jacob, I've written a blog post on orientation that may help. It's titled "Am I gay?" I hope it might help.

Patrick

10. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Patrick7269 for writing such a great blog. It is helpful and informative. Some of the things you suggest to do are things that I have already began to do. Your blog reassures me that I am on the right track.