1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You can't teach patience!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    On T for just under 2 weeks now. Noticed that my throat is a bit froggy but that's pretty much it. I hate my voice so much and hearing how high pitched it goes really gets to me. I also struggle with my body in as much as I feel small all the time. But I know I can't be because I'm muscly and weigh almost 80 kilos.

I find it really hard to shut that voice up in my head that picks out everything that isn't manly and amplifies it.

How can I measure change in a positive way and not continuously highlight how far away I am from my goals?

On the plus side, my girlfriend treats me like a man and loves running her hands over my shoulders and arms.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All you can do is work with what you have. Be thankful testosterone has a bigger effect than estrogen does.

It's a goal. Goals often have to be worked for. This is no different.

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it not reductive to the community to compare hormones in a passive aggressive fashion?

Say less, Kasey. Say less. Consider how your words expose you.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not even sure how to respond to this...

5. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Intriguing.

6. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Might I interject in this...Possible argument? By saying I totally get the whole voice thing Kal.

I hate how high my voice is, and I'm just at 2 weeks in the month now. (Actually since it's the 31st I guess it's been a whole month now. Yay me ^^ ) And I haven't noticed anything with my voice really. My shoulders seem to be sore now, other than that, nothing really noting of changes yet. I want SO badly to have my voice deepen, I want to be a voice actor and I voice some stuff on Youtube for fun, so as you can imagine, I'm going crazy with waiting on this as well Kal. I try not to talk much anymore because I hate how high it is, and when I do, I try to get it in my boy voice so that people won't immediatly think I'm a girl.

I try to practice going to deeper tones for my voice in the mean time so I can get used to it. Maybe practice a bit too, maybe that will help in the mean time. I just go to the bottom of my throat to go deep, whichever method works for you. I know it's hard and a pain to wait this long for changes to happen. We'll both get through this. :slight_smile:

I see my body getting a bit thicker and shoulders a bit broader in the mirror so that helps me measure how far I've come. I look at the already positive changes and use that to measure the positivity. Focusing on the good changes and what you like already will outweigh the negative.

Its so great you have a partner who loves you so and treats you the way you deserve to be treated ^^ I'm really happy for you ^^ I wish I could find someone like that. This town is limited in viable options for me and non-binary people I'm attracted to, and I'm a nerd. Very narrow feild for me lol. But, it could happen one day, when I feel more of a man and more secure with myself before I could be secure with someone else.

Hope I can help :slight_smile:

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will come with time. From hearsay I believe it takes around six months for your voice to drop significantly.

I have to agree with Kasey in that we should be grateful that testosterone is such a strong hormone. Often transguys see results faster than transgirls. But in the end we are all in it together. Everybody goes through their transition at their own pace. The important thing is to work with what you have where you are now, and try to stay positive - as infuriating as waiting often is.

8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The effects of estrogen are a little more subtle but still impressive! At least they can grow tits and testosterone won't remove them haha. I don't think Kasey had any intent of being passive aggressive at all btw.

Just wait, your voice will be hella manly in a few months.

9. Irisviel

Everything is offensive it seems. Even obvious facts such as, that testosterone has a stronger effect and produces more desirable results at a faster pace. Reality is offensive. And demographics are called communities, too.

Kasey has a point and it's probably the only thing that you can hold onto for real.

#9 Irisviel, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Absolutely. But a potted comparison is an odd way to say "hang in there". Very short sighted in my book. We as a community should be more sensitive to the individual experience and the conveyance of supposed support, which can in fact be viewed as "you've got it better than us girls have it so pipe down". How odd!

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2017 at 03:30 AM ----------

Not at all. Re read and also peruse my additional response. I also don't offend easily, have a word with my mother on that. Don't miss the message in favour of joining the fray.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2017 at 03:31 AM ----------

That's okay then!

11. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh and as for measuring change in a positive way, I suggest taking voice clips, pictures and measurements. You probably won't see any real change for at least a few more weeks, but you'll regret not having them in a few months if you don't.

How's the sex drive so far? That and bottom growth was the only change I had in the first month, and it was quite significant.

12. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the girls I follow on YouTube suggested taking voice clips as you go. Every couple of days if you can, so you can see changes, even subtle ones. Granted she was talking about voice training, but even so it's good advice.