1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I will ever come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ramlethal, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'll take it to the grave because all it will do is cause more unnecessary pain and burden on top of more pain.

2. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know it's hard. But life can get better. I don't know your situation but there has to be something good in your life. I haven't come out either. I am still questioning my sexuality. I think I'm bisexual. I still live with my parents. I'm still financially dependent on them. I manage to keep a positive attitude. You could try to do the same.

I questioned my sexuality in high school. It was hard at times but I managed to accept it.

Whatever works for you is good. I would suggest you come out at a later time in your life, if you can. I wish you had provided more details in so I can help you better. But all I can really say is hold on. I think it's important that you find a group of people to communicate with about your sexuality. Tell them that you're struggling with this. Whatever you do, make sure you do something to feel better.

If your situation isn't that simple, you must hold on. There are resources in your area, if you have any transportation. If not, there are phone numbers that you can call for help. You could try to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Trevor Lifeline. You can always rely on the Empty Closets community here.

Just remember that if you're having a rough day, or if nothing that I'm saying helps, just know that you are not alone in struggling with this.

I hope I helped.

3. holahola

It's honestly hard and I personally don't think it gets better. I guess it gets better when you make a new life surrounding your new sexuality. So not expect your old friends (even if compassionate) to stick around or "have you in their group". When you say you're gay you are ousted from the group. So take this into account. If I were to do it again, I would have made all new gay friends then come out after I had a new friend group. Be down low for a little while so that when you do come out youre confident and not vulnerable.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To whom, and how?

I don't know how old you are or what your personal circumstances are, but I would urge you to step back from this line of thought. Life has a habit of turning us in a completely different direction -- I know this and I have seen it happen many times, so don't rule anything out. In actual fact, it's far better if you remain open minded and don't close down ideas or options for change. When we adopt a 'never' perspective or attitude it makes the climb down, or about turn from the position we have adopted so much harder.

5. Questions93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth.

Honestly, I said something very similar not that long ago. On top of that, I 100% believed it. I had no doubts.

....but time went on. Things were tough at times, I'm not going to lie. They still are tough. But with the help of EC and seeing a therapist, I think that things are changing. I am starting to feel ok and think I'm going to come out to some people very soon.

I know how you feel. I know it feels like there is no hope. But I promise you there is!

Look after yourself :thumbsup:

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So many of us thought exactly as you are thinking. Last May I truly believed that I would take my secret to the grave, that I would NEVER tell anyone that I'm gay.

PatrickUK has given you excellent advice. Please read his advice again.

Never say never. Stay open-minded, even if you can't come out today.

Take care. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My family doesn't like trans people and me being one to them would make living a lot worst for me and them. I am suffering but I won't disowned or be homeless.