1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MusicalsFanLuke, Jan 27, 2017.

1. MusicalsFanLuke

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I'm rather concerned about what T will do to my hair. See, I already have very thin and fine hair as it is, and I know that T - even if one has the thickest of hair - can make hair recede. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm extremely likely to go bald on T. Or at least, appear bald in places. Can anyone at all offer any kind of advice on what to do to combat self-consciousness over a bald or balding head?

2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was told that starting a hair loss regimen at the same time as starting T is recommended if hair loss is important. Same with acne treatment. I plan on 5% minoxidil foam (apparently the liquid makes hair really nasty oily), and medicated acne treatment facial scrub. Also biotin and possibly progesterone.

3. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe it isn't so bad? Anyway I'm really soryy for you in such case, some of my male friends struggle with the same problem :eusa_doh:
    I know that in such case many guys use rogaine for hair restoring, also the green tea juices, I saw an experiment with them from one guy, they really helped him! :eek:
    Also if your problrm won't be too huge, you can always cover up it, using a proper hair cut for such cases :icon_wink For example, here's a nice article with many good examples of haircuts for such cases :icon_wink
    And in the worst cases you can always just completely shave your head, it's not that bad as it can seem and many other people like this style :icon_wink

[​IMG]

4. CluelessCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what you mean. All my male relatives past their 50s are pretty much bald. Which I'm terrified of because I LOVE the way my hair is right now. (Think like 80s hair bands. Odd I know but it works for me). I was also told to start a hair loss treatment when I start T. I think if I still end up getting bald I will probably just get a wig of some sort. My hair means that much to me.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My doctor prescribed Finasteride to keep hair loss at bay(apparently just being on hormones doesn't necessarily stop it). Rogaine is another option.

Also, bald men are kinda hot.....