1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuddling for the first time with a guy

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jacob D, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all. Okay so last night I cuddled with a guy for the first time, at my place on the couch, after we had dinner together. Well technically he cuddled with me but that's not the point. My point is I liked it. It felt nice actually. It felt the same as cuddling with a girl. I didn't notice any real difference. Only thing that was different was the smell of his cologne. Usually it was the smell of perfume when a girl would cuddle with me but this time it was cologne, and it was with Brandon. It's been so long since I've cuddled with a girl that it felt nice to cuddle again and I liked it. He liked it too so yeah we cuddled for the first time ever while watching a movie on tv. Anyway that's all that happened and he left early because he was tired from a stressful long day at his job.

The thing is I can't stop thinking of it. I thought about it all night long, how I liked it and how it felt good. Even today it's been on my mind and part of me wants to cuddle again but part of me is saying don't rush things. I'm on a journey of testing my sexuality through exploring and experimenting so that I can find out if I am gay or bisexual or straight. I don't want to rush anything, I want to take each test slow. I passed the cuddling test, I'm sure of that and now I want to do it again but feel it's rushing things for myself. I know cuddling sounds so minor and not a big deal to most people but I guess it's on my mind because of last night. With every girlfriend I ever had, cuddling was something I enjoyed. Anyway what do you think? I can't stop thinking of cuddling again. I can't get it out of my mind. I really liked it.

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My greatest desire right now is to just cuddle with a guy. Believe it or not, right now I'd rather cuddle with a guy than have sex with guy or woman.

3. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sorry I screwed up this thread. I was supposed to ask you guys if I should cuddle again with Brandon or not. All I can do is think of our cuddling from last night. I can not get this out of my mind. Anyway I am sorry I screwed up this thread.

4. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're doing all of this, including this thread, just fine.

It may seem like a simple thing but cuddling is really important in my opinion because it is being vulnerable and affectionate with someone. By simply being with them and being present you're sharing your time and experience and seeing how you feel. For these reasons I think it's the perfect "test" at this time.

I've had very sexual experiences that were hungry for the kind of simple touch that you describe. Whether you go on to genital contact or not I think you're learning a lot. Genital contact is only one aspect of sexuality anyway.

If you are confident that you understand what you feel and want, I wouldn't feel guilty about moving forward and doing it again. It doesn't sound like you're trying to force your feelings or label yourself too soon. I say, explore, enjoy, go with it!

Also, nice job on how you're dealing with it and asking great questions!

Patrick

5. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Patrick for the reply. I want to cuddle again with him. I've had it on my mind all day today and thought of it most of last night too while I was in bed. Okay thanks, I will explore, enjoy, and go with it. :slight_smile:

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I had mentioned in an earlier post about my having a lot of straight friends and that I have had sex with some straight guys before whom later turned out to be bisexual. Anyway...this one guy in particular would visit me and we would listen to music or watch movies. However, one night while I was laying across the couch in the living room...he decided to come over and join me. He cuddled up against me and took my arm and wrapped it around his waist. This was something that I had no issue with considering that all of my boyfriends loved to cuddle me especially while sleeping in bed every night. Needless to say...this guy contacted me the next day to tell me that I was a good cuddler and how much he enjoyed it. Therefore, a couple of days later...he came by and asked me if he could lay down on top of me while we cuddled as he took a nap. He claimed he was tired from a long day and just wanted to cuddle. So...by you mentioning in your post about cuddling for the first time...it took me back to this guy. BTW...not saying this will happen with you and Brandon...but this guy and I eventually had sex due to all of that cuddling but then again...I am IRRESISTIBLE!!!!...My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard!!!...Haha...just kidding...on a serious note...I have to say that I am proud of you for testing the waters to explore your journey to come to terms with your sexuality or to seek what path your sexuality may lead to by taking chances with baby steps.

7. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Jon and thank you. No matter what happens I'm keeping an open mind. Sometimes taking chances in life is worth it :slight_smile:

8. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, cuddling, kissing, and making out are the most important parts of intimacy. And that's much different than the parts of our sexuality with our genitals. I feel much more connected with a guy when those intimacy parts are there, and I have difficulty having sex with a guy without the intimacy. It's why pure hookups often don't work for me.

To answer your question Jacob, cuddle away! The more cuddling the better in my opinion. Maybe try for some kissing too! Cuddling and kissing. Awww, now I need to find a cuddle partner too!

Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

9. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 100% gay and 100% sure of it, and I love cuddling. Probably more than I like sex. (*hug*) I'm glad you had a good experience. I'm a little jealous (and single...)

10. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you both for the replies. The support from you guys is amazing. :slight_smile:

11. Iliricon

Yeah for cuddling! I even defined my sexuality in my profile here as "cuddles with boys" , because that is just the best. Strong arms, a big chest, some kissing...

Never be afraid or ashamed of genuine intimacy with people you like :slight_smile:

12. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Iliricon, I agree with you. Cuddling is good. He cuddled with me a second time and I liked it a lot :slight_smile:

13. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cuddles are the best, enjoy every moment but don't rush anything is my advice, not that I am an expert of course!

14. gaslight88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey man, I've only quickly brushed through your other posts but I'm really pleased for you. I think its great that you and your friend are so comfortable with this and that you are open to exploring your sexuality. I think this will be a great way to learn more about yourself and your feelings. If you want to do it again, go for it!

I love cuddling - have never done it with a guy, and I think I would feel extremely weird in the situation of not being the big spoon (or the little spoon being more muscular than I'm used to!) But its such a necessary part of being comfortable with someone.

15. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never cuddled with anyone, but by feelings alone this ^ is is how I feel.

16. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you Bikermm, gaslight88 and SimplyJay. :slight_smile:

17. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't cuddled in over 3 years but I vaguely remember enjoying it.
    I am glad you enjoy it. It's one of the best things.
    :slight_smile:

18. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's enjoyable and it's nice to be able to cuddle again. Thanks LoneWolf79.

19. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're welcome :slight_smile:

20. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think as human beings we all have a need to be close to someone. Starting off slow and building a relationship, I would think anyway, would build bonds that could last a lifetime. So go for it!
    Dean

#20 johndeere3020, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017