1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower Trans Male Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by An Gentleman, Jan 24, 2017.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a hard subject for me to be candid about. Even the words associated with it feel bad when I say them, you know? I'm almost tempted to spoiler them out. I may have actually gotten lucky where bottom dysphoria is involved because That Time(TM) lasts maybe 3 days for me tops. But it makes me sick just to use the bathroom (not physically ill, I mean it metaphorically) and I'm not sure what methods of dealing wth it would make me less dysphoric. I'm sure other trans men have dealt with this--how do I go about making it more manageable? I would rather not have weird stains in my underpants, thank you very much (currently using pads, not pleasant).

2. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel what you're going through. I just choose something to get my mind off of it, rather it means working extra hard at work or going to the gym or something. When I go to the bathroom is where I get some dysphoria.. I don't like what is down there either - but that's why I would rather use tampons so I don't feel the weirdness of pads.. it takes away a bit of the dysphoria as long as I'm not feeling anything . Unless you have tried tampons before and didn't like how they made you feel, I suggest them. You may have to experiment with several different types before finding which ones give you the correct comfort though. The only problem about tampons is when I know I need to replace them... Sadly I have no advice for that part, I just hum to myself or whistle and try to make that process go by as fast as possible. At least when I am not putting one in, I feel little to no stress about any of it. Again, I just try to keep my mind active and my self busy if I start to think about it.

3. Rozco

Ok, sorry if you already do this and I'm just being redundant, but as far as bathrooms go in general I find learning to urinate while standing up and facing forward is very helpful. When it's that time of the month, urinating "like a man" can help because I focus on that rather than on the other...things. Just make sure you wipe the seat off after you- for first few times learning can be a bit messy ha