1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "Perfect Male" Form?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the end, I just want to look like the statue of David.

Upon research, it turns out that Michaelangelo used phi - or the Golden Ratio - coupled with intensive anatomical knowledge to come up with what many consider the pinnacle of male beauty. I suppose it makes sense why I'd subconsciously wish to look like that, then.

So this led me to some thinking. Firstly, I'm going to use this information to make a better workout regime for myself. Secondly I will question the populous.

What do you consider to be the "perfect male form?" And also, what kind of (realistic) body shape do you hope or strive to attend?

While this is mostly geared to FTMs, ladies may join in or answer the inverted questions (e.g. perfect female form).

#1 Kodo, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. randomconnorcon

I've always liked the idea of noticeable abs, strong legs, and having a good V shape. But really, I just want to be lean again. More muscle, less fat. I don't know how that'll make me look when I eventually get there, but as long as I get there I think I'll be happy.

3. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In all honesty, I don't consider anything to be the "perfect male form". For me, it's an opinion that differs for everybody, though there are some key factors that place a role in someone being attractive in my mind:
    • Nice teeth. Obviously teeth don't need to be perfect - in fact, I sometimes like when people have a slight gap between their teeth or something of the sort as it adds personality. However, I could never be attracted to someone with poor dental hygiene. It just wouldn't work for me at all.
    • Overall good hygiene. It's fine for people to have a day here and there where their hair is a bit greasy, who cares? But when someone smells bad, doesn't ever try to groom themselves, or comes across as dirty will instantly be crossed off my list
    • They need to be caring and supportive, and able to express their feelings openly. However, I'm assuming that this is supposed to be focusing more on a physical aspect of things so I won't expand upon this.

I tend to be attracted to men who have less muscle, but who still appear healthy and in shape. I have never once found myself even remotely attracted to someone who looks like a bodybuilder or weightlifter - I tend to prefer men who are, for lack of a better term, more feminine/androgynous.

I myself strive to be a man who has just a hint of androgyny. I don't want to have facial hair or anything of that sort, but I still would like some nice ab muscles and bicep/calf muscles (which I am currently working on). I really hope to go on T and have a deeper voice, and I hope to get top surgery. Bottom surgery isn't as much of an interest for me - a penis would be great and all (xD) but I don't know if I want to go through all the surgery and expenses and readjustments in my life.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2017 at 03:13 AM ----------

Whoops I forgot to add this but I also want more of a defined jawline and a slight v-line at some point but that really isn't a big worry of mine, more just a little afterthought that would be nice at some point.

4. Bikermm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There isn't a perfect male or female form, just the one which is perfect for you.

I am still a big lad, I was a bodybuilder for years and am still 44" chest with a 30" waist (OK I admit to getting to podgy and its really 32" waist now :grin:). I worked very hard for the perfect body for me.

Yet, I am not generally attracted to other men like me. I prefer skinny men like the singer of Placebo, Brian Molko. I would choose to look like him but couldn't if I wanted to as I have a larger "frame"

Choose the body you want and go get it. There is no perfect, just your perfect.

5. oh my god I

Beauty is subjective!

Personally in men I'm super attracted to wide shoulders, broad chest, piercing eyes, boyish smile, leanness with only a natural amount of muscle, long arms, big hands.

In myself I think my perfect body would be how mine is (short-ish hourglass shape) but just slightly narrower shoulders, better skin, nose job, tummy tuck/lipo and SRS. I would be really happy with my body if it was the same shape and just had not masculinized (also if I hadn't been overweight in the past.)

I would also like a bit longer legs, mine are too short and curvy.

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Perfect male form for me is hulking muscles, hairy chest and forearms and a barrel chest. Think Disney lumberjack and that's perfect for me.

8. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally subjective. My goal is to have the body of a swimmer or a rock climber. I want to look like someone who got fit doing something outside and not at the gym. I'm not interested in being bulky (fortunately since I'm not at all built that way). I want to look fast and graceful. Wiry and lithe. I want visible, tight, ropy muscles and low body fat.

#8 Rickystarr, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  9. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I tend to have a liking for proportions as I have a mathematical mind (which is why that link you posted is gold to me) so anything that looks proportionate is good enough for me. It would bother me if I had muscular arms and scrawny legs, or vice versa. I would ideally have reasonably broad shoulders as it would balance out the size of my head in proportion, too small shoulders would really irk me. However I'm not looking to be as muscular as a bodybuilder, as they come across as having a strange combination of being very large and very small at the same time... It's weird. In the end I'd prefer something just in the middle.

This is just my take on what would be the ideal body for myself. I'm not too bothered about what other people look like.

10. anthracite

anthracite Guest

It's not an ideal. Of course, muscle and low body fat is nice, but i wouldn't want to compare the types. But those steroid bodys look plain stupid. You get bitch tits.

My target body is RDJ or Bruce Lee, which is realistic for my body shape (slim and low body fat)

11. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me the perfect body is in shape with lean muscles and that is the form I always wished to have too. I kind of have already obtained that, but I am lacking the abs I want and my arms could use more work too.

12. DemonzPrincess

To me, there is no perfect male form. As a FtM man, I'm a little more on the chubby side, so even if I don't like how I look, I think to myself it's my perfect form, but if I like someone who's chubby, I might not consider that my perfect male form but uh... yea I don't even know what I'm trying to say

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's weird talking about this, because when I talk about what I'd love for myself, I get met by people who good intentions who can come off as abrasive by telling me I should be happy with what I have and blah blah blah.

I think attractiveness comes in all forms, and for me, when I see a person, what I think if attractive or handsome is usually in their personality--even though "aesthetics" play into things once in a while.

As for what I'd strive for or love to have if I could just have it, it wouldn't be a lot. I'm not too hard on myself that much. Honestly, if I could have the height and body shape of Patrick Stump, I'd be fine; especially his sort of chubby era.

[​IMG]

14. SiKiHe

I think for me personally it's not having curves. I don't need to be built like a wrestler, but having a curved in waste and big hips bothers me. My ideal form is bean poll. Tall and straight. Some muscle isn't bad, but I feel too much would just look odd on me.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

See the bullshit society places on men?

Just like Trans women don't feel feminine enough, "traditionally beautiful" cis women feel it too.

Trans men worry about not being tall enough? How do you think cis men who are shorter feel?

The media and these definitions have been out there for a long time and have been perpetuated for a long time and are ingrained in culture.

However your concept of the golden ratio has some merit and symmetry can be equated with genetic health and large breasts correspond to fertility based on evolutionary traits, a lot of this, just like gender roles are societal constructs.

Also, Trans people are beautiful even if they don't pass... I find it alluring to have a trans woman having some masculine features and just as much as I like feminine men (Trans or cis).

Anyways, if you want the toxic stereotypical answer look at my picture again.

16. sonnolento

sonnolento Guest

I think regardless of how you look... just having a healthy body is "perfect". Healthy body mass index, clean diet-eating, hydrated, lean and strong...

17. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@Kasey: I think you missed the point of the picture. Boys don't cry about beauty standards. We hit the gym and do it. Btw most don't know He-Man anymore, more like Power Rangers who rarely had much muscle, but awesome athletic skills.

18. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I disagree. I think the point of the picture is to say that men have impossible standards to live up to as well but no one says anything about it. But it is still an issue and just as damaging

19. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ricky is correct. They hold in their struggle against unrealistic expectations of masculine qualities. Women = flawless beauty. Men = raging testosterone muscle bound entities of Adonis proportions.

#19 Kasey, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  20. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you there. Or Duane Johnson.