1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What normally relieves your dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PrinceVegeta, Jan 22, 2017.

1. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ratherr it's just wearing clothes that suit you best, what helps you guys? For me, the obvious mens clothes.. but also, working out makes me feel more masculine, and I also like to play video games; mostly pc games that are mmo's. I always choose a male character and I have found out through years of doing it, it actually makes me feel better because I am playing as a male.

2. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me it's wearing my bra and breastforms. Also in video games I play female whenever I can. For the same, yet opposite gender, reason from you.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Female clothing helps a lot of course. But, I also just listen to music, play video games, or even sleep.

#3 Blood Elf, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In terms of my image, dressing in masculine clothes helps. I will absolutely not wear tight-fitting clothes. Also, it helps to avoid mirrors and reflections. Lifting and kickboxing improves my general confidence, as well as getting rid of my stress and anger which partially come as a result of my dysphoria. Gaming also helps, particularly when I get to play male characters. Writing helps similarly, and drawing helps me to release my thoughts in a less destructive and more peaceful way, which is nice.

5. oh my god I

Taking care of my appearance, and focusing on what I like and expressing my style rather than the things I can't change.

6. Natasha Elyssa

Dreams. Hopes for a better life. Constantly thinking about my future and what I want it to be. Thinking about how beautiful I'll be and how happy I'll make myself. Thinking of life post srs and everything, happily married and being rich (not necessarily with money, but rich in life). Thinking about how I'll be able to walk around in a dress and heels and not be afraid of my own body. Since there really are no physical things I can do right now, my thoughts are just about all I have. So, my thoughts and dreams are how I deal with dysphoria. I love my inner self, so I try to think about what it will be like when my true self comes out. I think of being a beautiful woman and being happy and empathetic, and making the best out of life. I think of my journey to get where I'm going, the experiences I may have, the light at the end of the tunnel. If I'm feeling dysphoric, I just try and think about my inner most desires of being a happy cute, cuddly, and sweet girl. Dreams are my salvation. They are what keep me going. ^-^

7. PepperP

My binder is the number one help for me. Before I had it I thought I was going to drown under the weight of the dysphoria, whereas now as soon as dysphoria starts surfacing I can squash it down by wearing my binder. I also like to throw myself around in a very 'male' way, bouncing around with energy and spreading my body out and taking up loads of room. It's probably really annoying for other people, but it helps me feel less demure. If I'm really hyperactive I'll do loads of press-ups until I collapse. I love writing fantasy fiction, and my main characters are always male, so it's good to escape into the writing process where I can inhabit a male character. Recently I made a good friend who is non-binary and we moan to each other a lot about dysphoria, but always in a jokey way, which helps alleviate the pain somewhat. It's like it's us against the world!
    If my dysphoria is super bad though - and I mean REALLY bad - then sometimes the only thing that'll make it go away is to sleep it off. This happens very rarely though, only once every few months.