1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idk if I'm trans or just weird or what...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by zeko, Jan 21, 2017.

1. zeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sooo, this is my first time on this website and I'm not sure what to say but I do have a question that I've been contemplating for a while... Am I trans? I'm a girl but I've never like being one. I always hated everything that came with it, like beiny called cute or pretty or the clothes and make up, or having long hair, which I don't anymore. That and I've just always thought of a girl as something I don't aspire to be, like I don't know really how to explain it but basically I don't wanna be anything that being a girl is associated with.

But I don't know if I'm trans either.

I don't really dislike my chest but I have tried binding and I found I like that better. But I also don't really want what guys have down there, if you know what I mean.

But i aspire to have big muscles and be strong and if I had a partner I wouldn't want to be the lady of the situation, like I wouldn't want them to open doors for me or pay for my meal, if I'd rather do it myself. I also don't really like girly things, like I like motorcycles and cars and getting up to my elbows in engine grease and motorcycle parts, if thag has anything to do with it.

I don't know I'm just really confused as to if I'm just normal and overthinkink everything or if I really am trans or if I'm just crazy, I don't know.

And I know this is a long drag but if you've read the whole thing I applaud you.

Anyways thanks and if you have any experience or advice please PLEASE let me know because I am desperate! :bang:

2. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You'll hear this a lot, but you're really the only person who knows for certain. I know you're confused, trust me. I'm also questioning whether I'm trans. It's a bit of a journey. I have a few questions to help you sort things out:

1) What do you mean when you say 'everything a girl is associated with'?

2) How do you feel about people referring to you with she/her pronouns? If you feel disgusted or angry or even just uncomfortable, that may be an indicator. I know I hate it.

3. zeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the comment, and to answer your questions, yeah it does feel a little uncomfortable when people use female pronouns for me. And second, when I say things girls are associated with, I mean the general things, like I don't like women's clothing, I don't like make up, or even pink for that matter. But I also mean how they're seen and treated. Like when a someone calls me cute or when someone holds a door open for me simply because I'm a girl, I find it really uncomfortable. Basically I hate being treated like a girl, kind of I guess.

4. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds more like you're a feminist who resents the box society puts women into.

5. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've felt the same when people addressed me as female, or called me cute or the female pronouns or compliments. I hated it. I started to hate my long hair, I chopped it all off in Dcember 2015 and I felt so much better. I felt better binding, I felt better showing more masculine.

While you might not be into all the stereotypical male tropes, that doesn't mean what you feel isn't real. If you feel better, happier and more like yourself showing or acting even remotely masculine, that might be a sign. I HATED all the stereotypical female things, pink, makeup, all the like, and I still hate it. I never wore feminine clothing unless I had no other choice or for super special occasions, and even then, I would rather skin myself then wear a dress or skirt.

Do you feel happier looking like a guy? Do you like it when people call you 'sir, him, mr' and so on? How do you see yourself?

I'm not an expert, I'm still starting to transition myself. But I think asking for expertiese from a gender therapist would be a great way to start. Someone who has worked with trans patients before and could have a better understanding and better way to help you :slight_smile: Mine was helpful and very nice, putting my own doubts to rest that this wasn't just in my head, giving me such relief.

I hope you can find the answers and be happy with what you find. :slight_smile: Good luck! ^^

6. zeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the advice Casey, but I don't really have any way to see a therapist. Thank you for the advice though, I really appreciate it

7. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome :slight_smile: For me the therapist I had to see was 2 hour drive out of my city, and a 3 hour drive to see my Endocronologyst, the one who discusses and gives out the prescription for Testosterone. Is it this case where there's not any in your area, or you are unable to see one? Either one is understandable, and I'm sorry you can't see one right away :frowning2: I wish I could help more.

8. zeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well I don't know if there is one nearby or not, but I'm too young to drive and I'm not one to drag my family into my problems, and even if I did I don't think they could afford it. But yeah I really do appreciate it

9. PepperP

Ultimately you will have to decide (I'm sorry, you've probably heard that so often, and I used to hate it when I didn't know because I just desperately wanted the answer). In your post there were many points that rang true to my own experience.

My reaction - which you should not construe as an answer to the question of whether you are trans or not - is that there are indicators you could be trans. However you said you don't really want what guys have 'down there' - have you considered non-binary identities? Also it's perfectly fine too to identify as female, whilst needing to bind and not wanting to conform to any social 'female' expectations. I had to consider this carefully for a while. I really liked my binder and the silhouette it gave me, and wondered whether I could stop at that point. However I very quickly re-assessed: I feel physically sick every time someone uses female pronouns (I'll actually wince), and I definitely want every part of a male body. I don't just prefer binding - I need to get rid of the breasts that are attached to my chest.
    Also, just to highlight something: I'm trans, but I'm not into anything typically 'masculine'. I don't think that interests should play too big a role in deciding your gender identity. It is more about how you feel physically in your body, and socially as far as name and pronouns are concerned.

Maybe questions to ask yourself:
    Do you want other people to view you as male, female, or neither/both?
    In a hypothetical world where no one existed and you were alone for your entire life just doing stuff alone what body would you be in? How would you exist? [This question was the crunch question for me: I can only picture myself as male in this scenario].

In trying to find the answer it helps a lot to try to cast aside the opinions of others. For a moment pretend no one else exists. Who are you, deep down? What is your ideal, natural life and body? Don't let fear creep in when you consider these questions. After all, you don't need to be scared - you're only asking them inside your head. No one can hear your thoughts. When answering these questions you are allowed to be entirely authentic. In fact, you owe it to yourself to be authentic. Just find the truth that is there somewhere inside you. You're searching for an answer that ultimately is buried somewhere inside yourself. You won't find it outside.

10. zeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you so much. That really helps me think better about it, and it's a good question to think about. Thank you so very much