1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal? What's that?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rebelAssassin, Jan 20, 2017.

1. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is just a rant about my siblings, feel free to ignore it.

Is it bad that I'm so desensitized to my younger siblings' insults that when my younger brother (who is 12) tells me to kill myself or asks my father if I can be disowned next month on my birthday, I tell him he can do better than that? This is a normal occurence in the household. He and my younger sister (15) constantly insult me, call me stupid and ugly and tell me they don't want to be related to me. When I attempt to retaliate, I get in trouble, because they don't say these things when our dad is around. My stepmom (their mother) told me she'd hurt me if I laid a finger on them. I don't feel like a family member anymore, I feel like a punching bag. My twin sister stands up for me occasionally, but even she hates me. It makes me so angry, because she's in the same position I am, and they don't hurl insults at her! I get it, I didn't grow up with you! Trust me, I'm leaving as soon as I can, and you'll never have to see me again! This is why I don't trust you with anything, and why you will never know I might be trans! I am not giving you anything else to hold against me!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 05:10 PM ----------

It's sad when you feel like the birds are being treated better than you. It's even sadder that I'm used to it.

2. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    It pained me to read this post. Truly.

I can't understand how people can be so mean...

Why do you think your twin sister hates you ?

Your younger siblings, well, they're totally immature, unoriginal in their insults and their mom is clearly a bad person, so, don't take anything personally from them. They aren't worth to waste your time.

Have you tried speaking of it with you father ? It might help.

Stay strong, you will soon get rid of them ! Good friends are better than bad families, and you got plenty of friends right here on EC ! (*hug*)

3. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have not talked to my father, mainly because my younger brother is a spoiled brat and they always take his side of everything. As for my twin, she's hated me since we were around 7, and I'm not really sure what I did

4. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know (maybe not as well as you) how you feel aout the youngest brother being the most spoiled. It really sucks.

I feel so sorry for you, all I can say is to stay strong, it will soon be over, you will quit being with them soon.

EC is here for you, always remember that.

5. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't say whether or not it's "bad" to feel the way you do, but it may help to know that you're not the only one who feels that way. I've also become quite indifferent to my parents' and sister's words and actions towards me, and I become even more indifferent the more aggressive they get. I imagine it's some sort of a coping mechanism that we have as humans, after all it wouldn't do us much good to feel tortured every time a family member yells at us.

I don't know how much longer you've got until you'll be able to move out, but it doesn't sound like very long. Just hang in there for now, you will get out of there eventually.