1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT: How was 2016 for you? What do you want for 2017?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ljjgreat2017, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    2016 was a horrible year. For many reasons.

1.) Crappy social life

2.) Anxiety

3.) Anger

4.) Donald Trump becoming president

5.) So many people dying

6.) My grandmother dying

7.) Etc.

The only good part of 2016 was July.

So, how about you? What are you planning to improve in 2017? Even though, 2016 was a horrible year. I am planning to make 2017 a positive year. I hope 2017 is full of positivity and blessings. I want to leave behind negativity. I want to have a better social life. This is just me explaining how I want to change things in 2017.

2. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2016 was a good year for me. Sure, a lot of celebrities died, but I didn't know any of them. I don't think whinging about Donald Trump is very productive. I'm sorry for the people that had a horrible year, but tragic events happening doesn't mean the year is fundamentally cursed.

In 2017, I want to do something heroic. Something I can look back on and be proud of. I don't have anything like that at the moment. I will also work really hard at school this year so I can hopefully take some stress off exam year, next year.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be out 100% to everyone who knows me before transition. Particularly relatives and friends from back home. That's my goal.

Also want hair replacement for having real hair back.

But donald trump... ick. Otherwise 2016 wasn't bad.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just want a sustainable job. Is that too much to ask for?

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to finally start college. I'm 7 years past the normal college age and It's been so depressing that I had to wait this long. Things are sort of looking up now.

6. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    2016 was an eye opener for me. Orlando was a horrible, horrible event that changed so many lives. And although I wish it never happened, I think it was an event that helped many come out that may not have otherwise done so. At least I think that was how it was for me. It was such a tragedy and it will be a day so many will never forget, but it also gave me the courage to look at myself - truly look and accept who I am.

2017 I see as whole new year, new life. Finally the me I am is able to be me. Good or bad from this point forward I will be honest to myself and accept the me I am.

7. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's good.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 03:00 PM ----------

Good luck on being out. I hope all goes well.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 03:01 PM ----------

We all want things. I hope you get that job.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 03:02 PM ----------

I hope things go well college-wise. I go to a community college. Don't give up on your dreams. I hope you do well in your endeavors.

---------- Post added 20th Jan 2017 at 03:04 PM ----------

Good luck on having a good 2017. I hope all goes well.

8. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    2016 waqs a terible year for me. trump, the horrible terrorist attacks and deaths, my father going to prison, my dog dying, one of my beloved chickens dying, a friend of mine comitting suicide, hitting my breaking point on depression and was planning one ending my life , a shitty first relationship with a guy and other things i cant think of atm. in 2017 im planning on thinking more positive, letting unfortunate things past by me more easily and focussing in maybe starting a realtionship with someone ive been talking to for a while now.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only good thing besides getting married, was hitting one year on T and passing to everyone in the film scene. Everything else was fucking shit.

For 2017? I'm only hoping I live to see 2020 without getting my head kicked in by one of Trump's neo nazi fanatics.

10. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    2016 started off really well. I had great experiences in college, got to know my classmates a lot better and made some awesome teacher friends (education is my major). The year started going downhill in the summer, though. I became really down about being gay... not that I was ashamed, but just because of the secret I was keeping. Work got really stressful, and I hated every day I had to go in. Then an event led to me coming out to an online friend, who was super great. We had some good conversations, especially since her niece had recently told her that she was starting the process of transitioning from male to female. After that I went into a stressful semester of college. I ended up telling the rest of my online friends I was gay during a weird night where all of us kind of spilled our biggest secrets. They were all great about it - we're continuing on just as we were before, which is exactly what I want. One of the friends actually then told me he was gay - although a lot older (our group ranges from 20s to 60s... sounds weird, but it's really not). He was awesome, and I felt like I had a friend who actually knew what I was going through. It was one of the most meaningful conversations I've ever had with someone. Then I learned on Dec 31st he died from a heart attack a couple weeks later in his 50s. So that was really hard for me.

I'd give 2016 a C for a grade, because the first half was the most amazing semester of my college life, and I met so many awesome people.

For 2017, my three majors goals are to finish my student teaching and graduate college, get a job as a teacher, and come out to my real life friends.

Well that became longer than I expected, but I never really looked back on my 2016 until now, and I kind of forgot about the awesome start to the year I had, compared to the not-so-great second half.

11. Interstellar

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    2016 was probably the worst year of my life and ive had some pretty horrible years. i dont want to say some of what happened, but it was pretty scary.

all i want for 2017 is no more pain, and finally some quiet. so far it doesnt look like i'll be getting either. at least not for a long time