1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been hiding it my whole life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PrinceVegeta, Jan 17, 2017.

1. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Long story short, ever since I was a kid I felt like I was in the wrong body: I always felt more comfortable as a guy so I would wear boys clothing, and act like a boy (at one point my parents thought I was a lesbian because of this). I always enjoyed when a stranger would mistake me for a guy as well. Big problem though, I'm 27 now... and I really don't want to continue hiding this. I am called a "tomboy" but I don't feel like that's me. I feel like a dude, not a manly chick.. a DUDE. But the only thing stoppping me from even taking the first step is the thought of my family disowning me... I even remember my brother saying how he felt about trans before.. and he doesn't like the idea. I have a feeling my father is the same way.. and that everyone else will say I'm crazy and need help.. This is just the beginning of a new year, and I already feel so lost about achieving anything, like opening up to anyone,

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering is there a local trans support group, where you can talk to others in similar situations.
    While on-line communities are great, there is something great about talking face to face with others with shared experiences.

Sometimes we can assume the worst about people, rarely we are right but generally people are good and can be accepting. I always assumed my oldest brother would be homophobic but he turned out to be totally cool about it. He just said "OK... so any other news?"

The standard coming out advice is: only do it when you are ready. After all you are doing it for yourself not for the people you are coming out to.

There is a guy I came across on YouTube that I found fascinating I think you might find him inspiring, he goes under the name "TheRealAlexBerty"

(*hug*)

3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, there is not.. Nothing too close. I'd have to go pretty far for anything like it. I don't know if I'll ever be ready.. I always put others before myself even when I don't want to. I always think about the persons reactions.. Guess that's my own fault. I guess now isn't the best situation now that I think about it.. I'm living with my brother at the moment since my ex wanted me to leave his house.. Maybe once I get my own place.. Even if I get disowned I won't be afraid of ending up on the streets then. So once I find a place of my own.. Maybe I'll feel a little braver.. Thank you for the youtube search. I watched a couple of his videos, he is inspiring and wonderful.

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your life is more important than people's opinion. You feel like a dude, wanna live as a dude and that's all that matters. You just need a plan and getting your own place seems like a good step. What do you need to make that happen?

5. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I currently work 2 jobs though I am most-likely going to get laid off of one pretty soon since it is seasonal. I am going to be looking for another one soon because of this so I can keep a good income coming in. Basically, I got the money now, the only problem is finding a good area that isn't too far away that is withing my budget that I know I would be able to manage.