1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight? Fuckboy? wtf is his deal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScottDavid, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Previous backstory:
    Ok so there's in guy in my classes. I see him everyday besides friday. We're both in uni so our classes are huge (300+) people. The thing is, we always always make eye contact with each other! Like in class or just anywhere. Whenever we are close to one another, eye contacts always happen. Like one time i was walking down the stairs, i noticed he looked up and STARED at me, we were far away, and there was like a glass window between the stairs and the ground level (where he was staring at me from) and i was so far up at the stairs. And one time I decided to look back at him and try to hold the eye contact, and he just kept on staring instead of looking away. Plus this guy is friends with this asian guy whom i'm pretty sure is gay. It's just so weird caz ppl don't usually make eye contacts with other ppl so out of nowhere this often u know? Does he wanna beat me up caz he thinks i'm gay? No one would suspect that i'm gay unless they friends with. What do you guys think? I've never talked to him before.

4 months later... lol

So the eye contacts continued. Whenever we walk pass each other, he would look straight into my eyes, but never did he turn around and look at me after I walk pass him. Even in class, he would just look at me once and never again throughout the class, but will look at me when class finishes and as I walk away or walk near him. So recently, I was talking with his friends and all of a sudden, I turned around, he was right behind me lol. He was only there because they were gonna hang. So I talked to him, I started off with a "Do I know you from somewhere?" "You look awfully familiar". He was like umm.... I'm idk I'm friends with Jake, which he knew I was friends with Jake so thats why he said that. At this point I was dying on the inside, knowing he knows very well exactly what has been going on, all the eye contacts and looks. And he's acting like he's never seen me before HAHAHAH. So I started talking to him about career and life. I asked him questions about his academic and career thoughts, and he asked me back with a "What bout you?". I noticed he didn't hold eye contacts, and the convo died because I went off talking to my friends while he was just standing there awkwardly without jumping in or anything (I think that was bc I was there). Because he's a bro guy, def not the quiet one at school. Quit popular at high school (I noticed from his fb profile &#128531. So time approached, they decided to go off, and at this point, I said bye to my friends but he just went off with the others, without saying any closing remarks (Not like I was in a middle of a convo with him, I was talking to my friends). They went off, and he didnt say bye nor did he ask for my name LOL.
    So what is his deal? I think from how he acted, he was prob just "acting nice" since I was with his friends. I feel like he's the type of dude to act totally differently when I'm not around our friends.

2. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    sounds like he might like you but, he doesn't know how to let you know. He might have acted like he didn't know you around his friends because he was afraid of what you might've said in front of his friends about eye contact or something like that.

I had a crush on a guy when I was in high school and I was almost positive he was gay, or at least bi. He was a friend of a friend so i'd talked to him before but never about going out with him. Also, most people were suspicious of him being gay and no one was suspicious of me, but I think people would've started wondering if I was hanging out with him all the time.

I only worked up the courage one time, he lived close to me so I walked to his house one night and asked if I could talk to him outside for a min. He told he was grounded I went home and never worked up the courage again. The point is, if you really like this guy then don't let him slip away. Try to talk to him when he's not around his friends and see where it goes.

3. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's had a gf before :frowning2:
    What should i do? Just keep on talking to him? After the last time we talked, i'm not sure if he deep down hates me and thinks i'm weird, and just pretended to be nice bc i was with our friend or he's curious?

4. meistro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    a girlfriend doesn't mean anything. He could be bi, confused, or was using her as a beard. You might try talking to her and asking why they broke up. But I would keep talking to him, because all that eye contact you were talking about really doesn't sound like he hates you. Try to find a common interest with him or even fake one if you really like him.

5. youknow201

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After I read your post I got really excited for you, lol. As a self proclaimed authority on waiting to long and letting things pass you by I say go for it! If its possible just ask him out or see if you can get a group of friends together so you guys can hang and get to know him better. Try to start a friendship with him and then try to hangout one on one. I hope those suggestions help. Have fun and goodluck!

6. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awh! thanks so much!! ahah this little reply really made my day :slight_smile: but idk aha I still need to talk to him more. I have class with him today! we'll see

7. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To anyone wondering! He was an encage talker with me in our convo. The convo died because I went off talking to my other friends! Didnt phrase it correctly :bang:

8. Terry Ja

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds to me like he is interested and does not quite know what to do. Confront him
    politely, but with all the confidence you can muster. I think the direct, but noncommittal,
    approach is worth a try. Know beforehand how you will withdraw from the campfire when the fat goes into the fire and burns. If things go badly: Declare a victory and withdraw.