1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight"?? fuckboy? What is his deal?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ScottDavid, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Previous backstory:
    Ok so there's in guy in my classes. I see him everyday besides friday. We're both in uni so our classes are huge (300+) people. The thing is, we always always make eye contact with each other! Like in class or just anywhere. Whenever we are close to one another, eye contacts always happen. Like one time i was walking down the stairs, i noticed he looked up and STARED at me, we were far away, and there was like a glass window between the stairs and the ground level (where he was staring at me from) and i was so far up at the stairs. And one time I decided to look back at him and try to hold the eye contact, and he just kept on staring instead of looking away. Plus this guy is friends with this asian guy whom i'm pretty sure is gay. It's just so weird caz ppl don't usually make eye contacts with other ppl so out of nowhere this often u know? Does he wanna beat me up caz he thinks i'm gay? No one would suspect that i'm gay unless they friends with. What do you guys think? I've never talked to him before.

4 months later... lol

So the eye contacts continued. Whenever we walk pass each other, he would look straight into my eyes, but never did he turn around and look at me after I walk pass him. Even in class, he would just look at me once and never again throughout the class, but will look at me when class finishes and as I walk away or walk near him. So recently, I was talking with his friends and all of a sudden, I turned around, he was right behind me lol. He was only there because they were gonna hang. So I talked to him, I started off with a "Do I know you from somewhere?" "You look awfully familiar". He was like umm.... I'm idk I'm friends with Jake, which he knew I was friends with Jake so thats why he said that. At this point I was dying on the inside, knowing he knows very well exactly what has been going on, all the eye contacts and looks. And he's acting like he's never seen me before HAHAHAH. So I started talking to him about career and life. I asked him questions about his academic and career thoughts, and he asked me back with a "What bout you?". I noticed he didn't hold eye contacts, and the convo died because I went off talking to my friends while he was just standing there awkwardly without jumping in or anything (I think that was bc I was there). Because he's a bro guy, def not the quiet one at school. Quit popular at high school (I noticed from his fb profile ). So time approached, they decided to go off, and at this point, I said bye to my friends but he just went off with the others, without saying any closing remarks (Not like I was in a middle of a convo with him, I was talking to my friends). They went off, and he didnt say bye nor did he ask for my name LOL.
    So what is his deal? I think from how he acted, he was prob just "acting nice" since I was with his friends. I feel like he's the type of dude to act totally differently when I'm not around our friends.

2. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To anyone wondering! He was an encage talker with me in our convo. The convo died because I went off talking to my other friends! Didnt phrase it correctly :bang:

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dunno man... Wait and see? I don't have experience with big universities, so I wouldn't really know how to interpret that situation, or what I would do. However... The eye contact... I don't know what that means. I stare at people a lot, personally. When I see an interesting face, I tend to note that person in the back of my mind, and I notice them when I see them regularly in passing. And maybe they notice me, If I make eye contact enough with them. Doesn't mean that I like them, more; I notice them. Don't over-analyze... But also trust your gut. If you think it means something... Maybe it does. In any case, sounds like he could be a good friend. :slight_smile:

#3 Linus, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. killswitch0029

The eye contact thing does seem kinda weird. Like, really weird. Maybe he finds you attractive, maybe he's interested, maybe he's a creep and has an alter in his closet dedicated to you. lol, just kidding but you kinda get the drift: intense eye contact like that is plain weird.

So during this big conversation was that the first legit conversation you had with him? Just asking because based off what you've written that's what I'm going to assume. I don't really know anything about you or this guy so I can't say why he got all weird and shit when other ppl came into the convo, soooooo.... maybe if you want to pursue some kind of friendship/relationship/whatever try to get some one-on-one convo time going. If you choose to pursue something beyond friendship, maybe don't go overboard seeking out excuses to talk with him. It could potentially be off putting.

5. robclem21

Sounds like he may have a thing for you, but maybe not. It is hard to tell without knowing more about your interaction. This happened with me frequently in university (also in ontario) and about 1/2 the time they turned out to be interested, but the other half it was just nothing. Sounds like your first conversation was just kind of awkward and it might take a few more times before things start to click and you get any more information. I would try to engage him more in conversation instead of turning away to talk to your friends.

Are you interested in him? If so, then make an effort and see how he responds. That's the best I got here.