1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhiteWinter, Jan 14, 2017.

1. WhiteWinter

Okay so I have some question that I have been wondering for a while. Keep in mind that these are just questions and I am not trying to be any kind of phobic. Okay so 1. when people were talking about lesbians, bisexuals, and gayshe, they always referred them to the LGBT community. I though that this was only sexual identifications. How does the gender identifications lead into this. In fact, what exactly is the community itself(remember, I am NOT trying to be rude)? Also, how do gender fluidity work? How is it leaned on clothes? And finally, how do you feel as if you don't have a gender at all? I always agreed with 2 genitals, multiple genders but I never fully understood (maybe I was just trying to be nice?). Please don't bash me, I just want am explanation...:icon_sad::icon_redf

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2017 at 08:08 PM ----------

Also, when people try to explain pansexuality, they sex that they are attracted to men, women, and trans people. Why is it that they include Trans. I don't like how they do that. I feel like they are separated them...

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2017 at 08:08 PM ----------

Oops, I meant they say

2. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi White Winter,

L - Lesbian
    G - Gay
    B - Bisexual
    T - Transgender

So the LGB is for sexual orientation. The T is for gender - Mostly nowadays this is expanded to LGBTQ+ , to clearly include Q for queer and the + (plus) for everything and anything inbetween (pansexual, heteroromantic, genderfluid, everything to do with sexuality and gender. Basically everything that isn't cis (identifies with biological gender) and straight people.

This is also why our Pride flag is the rainbow - the light spectrum - we include everyone on all parts of the sexuality and gender spectrums.

Pansexual means they are attracted to people REGARDLESS of gender. It's not that they are attracted to men, women and trans, it's that they are attracted to the person, not the gender.

Hope this helps

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lynz nailed it.

Also, I can kinda explain how it feel to not have a gender. It's like...an alien feeling a lot of the time. Like...I know I'm not female, I've felt that for a while. But...I'm not male either. And I can feel that too. If I were to explain in physicality sake (though this may not be the case for all), I honestly don't want genitalia at all, and I feel as though that's how it should be if my body were to match. It's a really strange feeling, I'll admit, but it's how it is for me.

...Essentially if the question is "gender" my answer is "Hhhndfgsfdkgs no?". And that's just how it is. I don't connect with anything in the binary, and I don't connect with anything else outside of the binary but agender.

#3 AgenderMoose, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Transgender people are part of our community, mainly because they have a lot in common with us and share similar discrimination laws.

I don't think being genderfluid has anything to do with what clothes you wear. If that were true, I'd be a man just because I don't wear skirts or dresses. It's ridiculous. Gender identity mostly comes from physical and social dysphoria unrelated to gender stereotypes. I think a lot of the people who act like being genderfluid is wearing dresses and hoodies are very very young, confused people on Tumblr. That's not to say it doesn't exist but it's really more defined by dysphoria and a lack of connection to your assigned sex at birth.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The grouping of LGBT together is not because of biological or psychological realities, but because it happens to be an effective socio-political lobbying force.

A lot of the purpose of all groups are to demand a social acceptance that contravenes traditional assumptions of gender behaviour and consequent demands that the law be changed to reflect that. That is also why LGBT campaigns can effectively co-opt feminism and use the language of previous civil rights campaigns.

Even where specific goals do not align (eg. cisgender gay women do not need access to HIV medication or affordable gender reassignment surgery), the broad cultural movement and the principled consistency of removing barriers to accessing workplaces, healthcare, the economy and institutions of power remain common between all members of that community.

6. Cinis

Cinis Guest

The T in LGBT is there because people who are trans usually get seen as LGB+ at one point or another. If they're bi or asexual they're part of it either way, if they're straight people will see their relationships as gay prior to transitioning and gay trans people being part of the LGB should be pretty self explanatory.
    There's also the fact that the LGB scene in general has been linked with gender deviation historically.

7. WhiteWinter

After scrolling through and observing all of the answers that I have gotten, I would like to thank you all for answering all of my questions :grin:. I'm starting to get it all now! It's gonna take just a while to kinda fully understand it (that meaning I'm gonna go back and try to fully analyze all of the replies) but it shouldn't be difficult. Also, thanks for nothe lashing out at me. I felt that if I asked these questions, I would get hate for some reason?