1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... computers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Stardustmcj, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Stardustmcj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok I found this section and flipped. I freakin' love everything about computers, technology and video games. So let's talk about that kind of thing. I built my own PC, if anyone wants to talk about that? Yeah? (Cricket noises)(&&&)

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to code.

3. Stride

Stride Guest

I'm not great with computers but I really enjoy playing video games. I am currently playing Shadow of Mordor (PS4) and Age of Empires 2 (PC) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4. Di0

Di0

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm a believer in computers. I wonder if computers may have computer-personalities. I imagine my computer to have its own voice.

5. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dude it's epic that you are building a PC! I've got a custom built one right now which is used for the HTC Vive and gaming in general and its incredible. I like PC gaming but I prefer console. How about you?

6. SiKiHe

I built my PC for gaming. although I was guided through it by ye olde internet

7. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just finished up a build, a couple days ago. It's noting to special, but it should do everything I need. Currently it's not operational due to a lack of an OS, and I'm too broke to buy windows, so I figure I'll just use Linux, unfortunately though my new build has no disk drive and I don't have a flash drive(somehow) so I have to go get one tomorrow. After that though I'll be good to go!

Specs:
    1Tb HDD
    8Gb RAM
    2Gb Video Card
    3.7 GHz Quad core AMD Processor

Think I might upload a pic now that I think about it.

8. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to build computers. Then I switched to Mac and never looked back.

That said, I'm recycling an old Dell Inspiron 1525 for my parents. It's old but it isn't any slower than those cheap laptops with Celerons.

9. Stardustmcj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @AlmightyFrogCAT I have a spare copy of Windows 10 if you want. Also I finished my build back in march last year. It has an amd athlon x4 860k, gtx 750ti, 8gb ram and 1tb hdd and I plan on getting an ssd

10. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My love for technology and computers led me into a compsci degree, with the intention of going into computational biology. :slight_smile:

I enjoy programming and I love the "bigger-picture" aspects such as designing, envisioning, and coding, working on a project and completing it, but when it comes to the overly detailed stuff (Data Entry or adding final polish to something) I sometimes think I'd rather be stabbing my eyes out. Especially for homework e__e

11. Lazuri

I built my PC myself. Recently replaced its HDD and changed the GPU from a GTX660 to a 1070.

12. FrogCAT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah, too late, I have already gone through with installing Linux... Also I'm not really a fan of Windows 10, I prefer 7.

13. Stardustmcj

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Also, what stew your thoughts on Nintendo switch? I think it's pretty cool. I really want one but my parents probably won't let me

14. dontjudgeme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am looking to build my own PC soon. I read about the Corsair H100i and it seems interesting but are there better coolers out there? Which one do you use?

15. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always built my own PC, right back from my first windows PC with a massive 4.6GB hard drive! I even went wild and installed two floppy drives :grin:

Now I just like to keep my current machine a few steps ahead of the requirements of whatever game I'm playing.

16. Lazuri

Honestly, of all the parts on your PC, cooling is one of the worse components to go nuts on. The only reason to get anything other than stock cooling is if you plan on going crazy with overclocking. Much better to spend the extra money in getting a better GPU or CPU.

17. appleeimac

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in agreeance with most of you here. I also like to work on technology. So much so, everywhere I look there is another computer. I want to build a virtualization server based on the Lian-Li D8000 Case, any suggestions on the rest?

18. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just visited this site, found it on the googles....And well I had to reply....just to make a sound ! Gamers :grin: WooHooo!!! ...for this I made this profile...TalkaWalka...it sounds like I want to be gangstah but I just didnt know what to make...better would be WalkyTalky....I regret my name :frowning2:

I am originally a PC gamer but am limited to a less gaming qualified laptop now and an old pc (that I did put together myself) and a PS3....but I will get back on the gaming horse again soon enough :slight_smile:

#18 PianoKeys, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  19. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've built myself computers a few times, and that's my preferred way to go!
    I also tend to hang onto my stuff for a long time (the old system I'm posting this from would be a perfect example of that :lol: )

20. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only computer I ever "built" was a makeshift setup I put together after a house fire, due to lacking a computer altogether. Some laptop scraps and dusty old parts, a busted up keyboard and a dust-caked monitor from a fried "old school" desktop. Had some metal shards sticking out of it but it ran, covered those in duct tape.

It "ran" to an extent but made lots of noise and smelled of desperation and ash. At least it ran until I could afford a new one. To anyone else, I'd recommend not taking the processor and memory from an ancient cheap laptop that has been dropped too many times to count. :lol:

On the same subject my disk drive fell off, it probably still works. Also considering using the removed hard drives as overgrown USB storage, if that's safe? I have the adapter and all.