1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better PS4 or XBOX 1?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shadowgirl37, Jan 11, 2017.

1. LovelyLex

2. Makalaster

PS4. Xbox has no console selling games. I play on PC tho so I really dont care. Despite all of the flaws at launch i do think Nintendo Switch looks promising.

3. Nobo

PS4 better graphics better fps there isn't a single game that the X1 can run at a higher frame rate or resolution than the PS4 PS4 also is allways recording your gameplay so when some crazy epic thing happens that your freinds won't believe just press that share button and it saves 15 munites back also better exclusive games (because who cares about halo) and you can upgrade the hard drive up to 2 tb wich you can't do on X1 and with a recent update you can use external hard drives too to play games off of

4. Lazuri

The X1 has similar recording software. Really, the two consoles are nearly indistinguishable from one another save for exclusives, which is where PS4 wins by a HUGE margin. Most X1 "exclusives" that are released these days are released for Windows 10 as well, so the point of the console is quickly disappearing.

5. Nobo

Ok I'll give you that they have similar recording sotware but PS4 has better graphics and frame rates than X1 or they both run the same NOT a single game that I know if runs better on X1 than it does on ps4

6. TrashyClassy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only own Xbox consoles so my opinion is a bit biased. The last Playstation console I owned was a PS2. In some ways, Xbox One and PS4 are extremely similar. PS4 does have a lot of good exclusive content though which makes me kind of jealous. I am happy with my Xbox One though.

7. Lazuri

From a technical standpoint, they're nearly identical. Just because you can't think of any games that ran better on X1 doesn't mean they don't exist, because plenty do. Fallout 4, for example, ran like dogshit on PS4 when it came out compared to how it ran on X1 and didn't get their mod support until recently and for a while, it looked like they wouldn't get it at all. For every game that runs better and looks better on PS4, there's a game that runs better and looks better on X1.

PS4 wins due to its exclusives, but comparing the two consoles from a technical standpoint is pointless because they're nearly identical and they're both shit. I'm not saying that because I think I'm a PC master race player and console players are peasants--no, I've always loved consoles and have grown up with them, but this generation was technically obsolete when they were first announced and they haven't done anything to impress ever since.

8. Nobo

It's not that I can't think of any its that it's fact PS4 vs Xbox One: which is better?: Graphics comparison | TechRadar if a game runs better on Xbox one than it does on PS4 then it's the developer at fault the PS4 has a much better graphics card

#28 Nobo, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll just stick with my potato. It has been... good? To me.

10. Lazuri

Ummm, no. No, the graphics cards in both consoles is a semi-custom version of literally the same GPU. The difference in graphical power between the two consoles is so small that it's completely negligible. The biggest difference in the power between the two consoles is that PS4 has GDDR5 RAM whereas the X1 only has DDR3, but again, it's not a huge difference. Looking at the differences in these comparisons that has been around since day one, you'd have to be a really diehard graphics whore to even care at all.

So before you start throwing around the term "it's fact", maybe actually get your facts straight first. I don't mind if a person likes another console better due to personal preference, but if somebody says "this one is better, it's a fact and here's why" and then starts spouting complete nonsense to prove their point, I get pissed off.

Yeah, the PS4 is the objectively better console, but not from a technical standpoint, so stop acting like it is to prove some sort of point and deal with the fact that you're wrong.

11. Nobo

Ok mabye it's a slight difference but the PS4 still has the better graphics card

12. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Consoles make next gen gaming affordable for a longer time. But I love PC , I want it all. All consoles all pc. But I am to busy and restless to game. Hardly game anymore. Playing music, working on a project, trying to get where I want in life. So upside is, while time passes games and consoles get cheaper and once I am going to buy it, I have so much choice for way less money. Oh yeahhh

Anyway hardware wise, I think both should be the same. I did like the Xbox live online system better then PS3...but I bet sony improved by now.

I looove Gears of War..best shooter ever. I think getting a console is about exclusives that you want and what your friends own. I wish my gaming sista from another mista had an xbox. I have to get sony first because of this.

13. hannas

XBOX ONE for sure. Better software, better support, better multiplayer, and better exclusives (Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, Gears of War (better FPS ever), Halo, State of Decay, Fable, Quantum Break). PS4 exclusives are so easy and boring...

14. Nobo

PS4 has way more exclusives man like and how the hell is halo not boring they just shut out a new halo game every year because they know their fanboy sheep will buy it and no not better software Xbox software is locked down and dosnt let you upgrade internal storage wich is faster than external storage wich the PS4 also now supports PS4 ask has better recording software because it records everything you do 15 munites back without you having to press the record button and then when you do somthing really cool you can save it and there are no no games that run better on Xbox one than the PS4 can run them they either run the same or the PS4 does it better

15. Lazuri

I've literally disproved half the things you said in this post last time you posted. Can you please stop spouting opinion and assumptions and selling them as facts?

I've already told you that the recording software on the Xone functions exactly the same; it also has 15 minute shadowplay unless you turn it off.

I'll give you the storage argument. PS4 does win there, at least until Microsoft showcases Xbox Scorpio's specs.

The hardware between the consoles is still pretty much identical; it has not changed since I told you this last time. Any differences in performance and visuals outside of developer optimization is 100% negligible.

Finally, I'm not a fan of Halo, I think they're boring as fuck, but they do not shit out one of those every year. On average, each main series Halo game comes out every 2-3 years, which is a perfectly acceptable development cycle for a game like that and while I don't personally like them, it's still obvious that the game quality is up to standards. Again, stop lying.

Also, to be fair to the original poster, State of Decay is fucking awesome. Not an Xbox exclusive though, as it also exists on PC.

16. James

I have both consoles and prefer the xBox One. I'll be pre ordering the Scorpio once it's available.

17. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I grew up with ps and although i did own a 360. I have always loved ps. So my vote will go for ps4. Exclusives no mater what people think of them sway it for me. But to be frank there is not a lot in it really.

Ps plus free games are much weaker than xbox live free games. Sony push more indie games. For some people that might be your thing which is cool but would like to see more triple a games now and then